Records: [TAP] Master - Big Mode (BIG Code)

Thread in 'Competition' started by Rosti LFC, 24 Oct 2007.

1. gila

gila Unregistered

there is actually a video on youtube (can't dig up the url now) where a guy completes TGM's BIG MODE and gets Gm; the score/ranks go up crazy fast and then he just plays until he hits level 999...

i tried beating TGM's BIG MODE several months ago. i did it out of curiosity but i used savestates and using them i found out that even if the space is super-small there are still plenty ways of stacking the tetraminos.

the thing i love about BIG MODE is that after playing it for a while, you fire up NORMAL/MASTER mode and the blocks seem *so* small [​IMG]

2. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

I've been told that TGM's big mode is even harder, as it's possible to place a piece at a half-block increment, making the lines below it unclearable.

3. K

K

in TGM1 yes, it is much more harder by what you explained. 1 error = Game over

from TAP the horizontal increment is fixed to 2 by 2.

But in TGM-ACE road mode game mode mix, you may encouter garbage issues. In that particular case vertical decalage is possible and lead to tricky situation, but far less difficult than TGM1 horizontal decalage.

4. Leader board added in case people haven't noticed

Not a huge number. Probably around 10 to 15 runs.

I've had quite a few attempts since then though, and I've not been able to come than close to it.

I love how when you switch to Master after a few Big Block games it feels like micro-Tetris. I don't think it's made me improve on Master, but it's certainly a strange feeling.

5. You just have to make sure to get a bravo when you clear that block. Easier said than done, I know...

6. Or that your stack is in such a way that it doesn't mess things up. If you had it four rows high (in normal-sized terms) with the same two columns clear for all rows, it'd simply reduce it to a stack two rows high, with the same two columns clear.

7. Shirase has 3 previews, and most importantly a hold box. I'd imagine the ability to hold pieces would make it an awful lot easier.

8. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Finally :

Me : 203 (after more than 10 attempts)

Bou : 136 (first attempt of his life)

Gaby : 145 (first attempt of his life as well)

9. It certainly helps with clean stacking when you're already comfortable with the speed, but it's too much to think about once you reach the shortest lock delay you can handle, at least in my experience...

10. My experience is similar to Taratang's. Though, the extra previews do help a little even when used in a basic, linear, TAP-like fashion. You normally know where to place something before it's on screen, and now you don't have to wait for it to spawn before thinking of the next piece.

11. i had a lucky run, and also planning with the preview helped ALOT:

[​IMG]

12. Poochy

Poochy Unregistered

Looks like I take the lead... [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

[​IMG] And I take the lead !

[​IMG] no..it is cgwg with 366..

14. Improvement for me: 312 @ 3:43:86

Nothing notable (except a silver SK) and I didn't pass anyone, so I won't upload the screen-shot.

15. [​IMG]

16. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

lv. 367 grad 1 @ 5:39:93

It is the last one I do in my life without the Hold.. [​IMG]

17. I've added it, but is the time correct? 4:39 seems a lot better suited.

18. Bou

Bou Unregistered

19. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Code:
     Player     Grade Level Time 
    1. Amnesia     1   367  5:39:93 
    2. cgwg       1   363  4:17:58 
    3. Poochy      2   346  4:06:03 

It is 5:03:93 for me..

Sorry! [​IMG] It is not very fast as well..

20. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

mfm005 : lv 341 04:01:06 grad 2