Records: [TAP] M-Roll Invisible Resistance

Thread in 'Competition' started by K, 23 Oct 2007.

1. Altimor

Altimor a.k.a. Ghett0

What so insane about that?

2. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Sorry, I did not know you are able to do it, I it is already difficult for me to do one tetris.. [​IMG]

3. Altimor

Altimor a.k.a. Ghett0

I have a trick for making invisible tetrises; just keep restarting until you get an I piece start.

If you start with an I piece, put it vertical in column nine.

>If you get a Z, Place it next the I to make an overhang and slip the next T under it.

>If you get an S, place it vertically next to the I to make an overhang and slip the next T under it.

>If you get a J, place it sticking up next to the I.

>If you get a L, place it butt-down next to the I.

If you get a T, place it in column 8/9 with the "point" pointing right. You can now slide any piece under it.

>If you get another I, place it vertical in column 8 and stick a L next to it.

If you follow these, you'll always end up with slopes shaped so that other pieces fit perfectly. If you get a flat wall, just repeat and make another slope. Now you only have to remember the surface of your slope, and then when it's all 4 blocks high, IRS and I to the side and repeat.

....That's pretty complex. [​IMG]

4. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

except for the fact that you can't bank on getting an I piece in a real game so even putting time into that is just plain stupid...

5. K

K

i would say even more : Pretty pointless.

Ok that's cool to do some Tetris in Invisible, But you'll probably understand when you'll get "M", that "just keep restarting until you get an I piece start" is stupid.

oh and "novanova" stuff is not public, and will be not because this is an outdated "only compiled" program that use copyrighted media. (and that i don't even have anymore on my HD)

6. Altimor

Altimor a.k.a. Ghett0

When you're starting at the M-roll, it's actually not pointless, because you can keep starting. It'd be pretty stupid to restart if you were in the "real" M-roll though.

7. Except that's the only thing that actually matters. Why train in a scenario that is completely different to the real thing?

8. K

K

even if i really don't want to see those 2 russian (or french?) guy there, your smoking theory make me reming igor and Grichka bogdanov.

you forgot to to teach us what we are supposed to do after "1 tetris"...

something like "continuing stacking to numerous attempt to get a 2nd one ?"

9. Altimor

Altimor a.k.a. Ghett0

Just repeat.

10. What excellent advice given to us by one of the greatest players ever to grace Tetrisconcept, I must keep this in mind the next time I start the invisible roll with an I and a repeating pattern of pieces, which happens so many times that it may as well be automated!

11. Altimor

Altimor a.k.a. Ghett0

The piece sequence does not have to be repeated. You know what, let me just tell you it in a way you'll understand. MAKE A SLOPE SO THAT YOU ONLY HAVE TO REMEMBER THE SURFACE OF THE SLOPE.

12. Gee, you don't have to be so loud. Why don't you demonstrate for us, show us a video of you getting a few Tetrises using your trick if you think it's that great.

13. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

Or even a LJ0.45 replay with Hide blocks in well=On, Scenario:Death.

14. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

I agree, I want you show me how to do only two Tetrises, not more !

Only 2.. [​IMG]

15. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_Ax8xQYA6A

This is probably my best recorded run, although it is evident that I lost my mind and just sort of mashed through the pieces after I lost control of the stack.

Also, when does the TAP M-roll end? In the case of the TexMaster M-roll, the answer is apparently "after more than 60 seconds." I thought the TAP M-Roll was straight-up 3600-frames-at-60-frames-per-second singular minute and no more, but I could be misinformed. I suppose I should check later.

16. According to here the staff roll is 61.5 seconds long.

17. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

rRRHHAA !!! how do you do ???? [​IMG]

18. K

K

long time i haven't posted here, and same for trying "average 12"
    after 3 complete run (the 1st was just shit so no calculation, the 2nd one was 46,16) i've managed a not too bad (list ordered) :

1. 33,28 -> dropped
    2. 38,63
    3. 42,03
    4. 44,1
    5. 46,2
    6. 48,16
    7. 54,06
    8. 54,6
    9. 55,2
    10. 59,23
    11. 60,66
    12. 61,51 (completed) -> dropped
    average : 50,29

19. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Really impressive..The half of your 12 are over my best one..
    Is it a particular good session ? Or did you really reach a probability of 15% to get it ?
    (2/12 I mean..)

20. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

1. 46:35
    2. 41:40
    3. 41:35
    4. 40:98
    5. 39:61
    6. 39:53
    7. 39:28
    8. 33:85
    9. 33:68
    10. 32:78
    11. 31:90
    12. 30:36

HA ha ! [​IMG] ah ha ha.. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Average : 37:64..

bah I don't practice..If I practice a bit, everyody know that I could crush you as well on this little divertissement.. [​IMG]