Records: [TAP] Item Modes (Item Code)

Thread in 'Competition' started by Amnesia, 10 May 2008.

1. Ai

Ai

08/30/08

This Mode is crazy. Didn't have this much fun playing Tetris in a long time! ^^

Next I'll try to play some BIG Mode.

2. * wipes sweat off brow *

You're making me work overtime updating these leaderboards!! [​IMG]
    Seriously though, I'm glad you're having so much fun playing. Keep up the good progress.

3. gila

gila Unregistered

gave this mode a whim again, this time much better result, though i got lucky with items i guess. this is simple master item mode.

[​IMG]

4. Dark Block + not ready for "M-roll" type play at all = death... and I thought I was going to make it.

S5 green line @ 11:56:45
    [​IMG]

5. mfm005

mfm005 Unregistered

-3--mfm005------------------S9 - 999 @ 11:26:51 20G

6. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

There is TWO different leaderboards :
    one for the classic Master, and another one for 20G..

7. mfm005

mfm005 Unregistered

TGM+
    mfm005----------------999 @ 13:45:11

8. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

La tu mets un coup de pied dans la fourmilire..Dommage que tous ces crtins n'en soit meme pas conscients..

9. Nice!

Btw: What does "Orange Line" mean?

10. Reaching 999 on TAP Master will put a green line across the screen in the rankings. If the player also clears the credit roll then the line will turn orange. For GM I think 32 lines need to be cleared in the M-roll to get an orange line.

For example:
    http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m313 ... rboard.png

11. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

I have not performed seriously my job for a while..I will try to be more present for the updates..

edit : mfm domines 3 of 4 leaderboards here ... [​IMG]
    he ha..Une fois que j'aurai replac Rosti en sudden ti, je m'occupe de toi mfm.. [​IMG]

12. Posted this in the wrong thread [​IMG]

Slower time, higher grade, but orange line.... nega field saves the day! You can see how horrible my field was...
    [​IMG]

S6, 999 @ 12:03:30
    Orange line

13. Ai

Ai

Master

Code:
    11--Ai----------------------S4 - 962 @ 12:23:00
    I would have finished the game if I didn't screw up with a big mode piece I got. But to be honest this isn't how I want to finish a TGM game for the first time.

TGM+

Code:
    4--Ai-----------------------585 @ 08:15:96

Big Mode

Code:
    3--rednefed---------------4 - 217 @ 2:50:21
    4--Ai---------------------4 - 207 @ 2:56:26
    5--DeHackEd---------------4 - 199 @ 2:18:28

Sick game mode! Sick! Sick! Sick! So many of the items you get make the mode completely unplayable. This is HELL! S grade is impossible if you ask me and if someone somehow manages to do this, he or she would need to be EXTREMELY lucky. Borderline miraculous indeed. ^^

What does EXCHG FIELD do? I searched for a list of the items and their effects but couldn't find any. Does it switch playfield if 2 players are playing the same item mode game at the same time? Because I don't see any effects when used.

14. Heh, Ai, your post spurred me to play an hour or so of this. Exchange field swaps the two fields in versus play... so if you are brave, you can stack high at the center, clear the item, and screw over your opponent.

Master: S8 orange @ 11:28:80. Third try of the night, had a green S6 and another run that ended before 20G. No gold SK as I hoped for in IRC, but I got a relatively benign mix of items. Only one dark block (during soft 20G). And you could hear me curse the two times I had death block. It's really annoying.

Big: 4, 217 @ 2:50:21. I found it hard to get to level 100, even, because not all "good" items are good in big mode.

Screenshots available on request, too lazy to upload atm.

15. Ai

Ai

Nice improvements rednefed! Glad to see you play this again. It has been a while since I last played myself.

S4 in Master Item Mode while only having S1 in normal Master Mode made me laugh. Somehow lack the motivation to play TAP Master and TGM1. I haven't played the games really seriously since last year. The few times I tried to play I died in the level 300 to 500 section and got frustrated quite fast. I clearly need to work on my perseverance! ^^

I've found a list of items used in Heboris Unofficial expansion on the wiki. A lot of the items mentioned I have yet to see in TAP Item Mode. And seeing as a Hold Lock item is mentioned clearly some items must have been added.

I have never seen the items with a red font. I like the blue item pieces and hate the red ones the most!

1 Mirror Block
    2 Roll Roll
    3 Death Block
    4 X-Ray
    5 Color Block
    6 Rotate Lock
    7 Hide Next
    8 Magnet Block
    9 Time Stop
    10 Hold Lock
    11 Reverse (Left/Right)
    12 Boost Fire
    13 Fever
    14 Reverse (Up/Down)
    15 Remote Control
    16 Dark Block
    17 Delete Field (Top)
    18 Delete Field (Bottom)
    19 Delete Even
    20 Transform
    21 Laser
    22 Negative Field
    23 Shot Gun!
    24 Exchange Field
    25 Hard Block
    26 Shuffle Field
    27 Random
    28 Free Fall
    29 Move Field (Left)
    30 Move Field (Right)
    31 180 Field
    32 16t
    33 Reflect
    34 Double
    35 All Clear
    36 Miss(joke)
    37 Copy Field
    38 Fake Next
    39 Grandmother Block

16. Edo

Edo a.k.a. FSY

Ai, here's a list of all the items that exist in TAP:

DARK BLOCK
    MIRROR BLOCK
    EXCHG FIELD
    X-RAY
    FREE FALL
    TRANS FORM
    ROLL ROLL
    LASER
    HARD BLOCK
    SHOT GUN
    180 FIELD
    DEL EVEN
    (L)MOV FIELD
    (R)MOV FIELD
    (D)DEL FIELD
    (U)DEL FIELD
    COLOR BLOCK
    NEGA FIELD
    DEATH BLOCK

Also, the game keeps a history of all the items the game has given you, and won't give you a repeat until all items have been dealt out.

17. Ai

Ai

That list corresponds with all the items I have seen. I made a mistake in my previous post as Free Fall is one of the items I encounter most, because I play Normal Mode a little too much. ^^

Interesting to know that every item piece needs to be given once before repeat is possible. It would be nice if I got these pieces early on: DARK BLOCK, LASER, HARD BLOCK, SHOT GUN, 180 FIELD, NEGA FIELD, DEATH BLOCK. With the last two being the items I hate most!

18. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

So even though these items are bag randomized, proving that Arika knows how to code a bag randomizer in a Tetris game, Mr. Mihara still managed to talk Mr. Rogers out of requiring a bag randomizer for pieces in Ti.

19. Wow, didn't know that. If a game is ~725 tetrominoes, give or take 25, you're getting all items about twice over the course of master mode. I think the item interval is 20.