Records: [TAP] Death

Thread in 'Competition' started by colour_thief, 9 Aug 2006.

1. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

i'm compiling sdlmame to see how it goes with tgm1

2. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

Update: TGM1 runs great under sdlmame. i finaly have a way to play it on my mac.

3. Wow, really? Can I try your binary? Or does it not take that long to compile?

4. It can take quite a while actually.

And TGM1 should have been working in regular MacMAME, but that's lagged behind about a year (!) after many recent core changes (though it's not cancelled, just sort of stuck for now). I would hope that MacMAME runs faster, so I'd give it a shot first. TGM1 runs on PSX hardware and that takes a fair bit of power to emulate (more than TGM2 heh).

5. I'd sweat Zinc hasb't been updated for ages, or is that not what you mean?

6. No, I was speaking of MacMAME. ZiNc has pretty much been on life support, only receiving minor updates (eg. to add recently dumped games). The next version, for example, will have Point Blank 2 if I'm not mistaken. Probably the most significant change will be the upcoming tidying/opening of the source.

I guess the main difference is that ZiNc isn't updated often because there's no need for it, and MacMAME isn't updated in spite of a great need.

7. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

8. I have tried TGM1 in MacMAME before. It's not pretty.

9. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

ya tgm1 in macMAME, is like shooting tetris then watching the mangled pieces fall to the ground...

10. K

K

I don't remember where i've read what colour_thief wrote about the medal behavior, but the ST medal in Death mode seems to keep the "today record" in memory, so it's not a statistic behavior. The gold medal is only earned when you beat today's best or more certainly until you turn off the game for reset.

11. K

K

i've recorded a video an put it online :

http://jagorochi.free.fr/video/death_lvl479_3m02s25.avi

ok it's a failure... but it seems that this gameplay method pay much if we consider that the the limit is 3m25s...

i was never so fast, but i hope i will be able to put a M video soon...

ps : NO lock delay cancel from lvl 400 [​IMG]

12. cool video jago. by the way, how exactly does "lock cancel" work?

13. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

Apparently "lock delay cancel" refers to pressing down to lock a piece that has landed.

14. K

K

ahh yeah i don't know exactly why i call this "cancel" it could be simple :manual lock [​IMG]

it seems that people have trouble with the codec i used for my video encoding...

i've created an account and here is the first test (same video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oRGW5FxQDw

15. K

K

TAP Death mode M rank video level 680.

i feel this was game BAD and was surprised to break the Torikan (time limit)...

Section 000-100 : 00:47:~~ = ~47 sec -> VERY SLOW

Section 100-200 : 01:29:~~ = ~42 Sec -> SLOW

Section 200-300 : 02:04:~~ = ~35 sec -> Average

Section 300-400 : 02:44:~~ = ~40 sec -> SLOW

Section 400-500 : 03:23:~~ = ~39 sec -> --

This critic description is valuable from my own level but finally show the approximative level you need to break lvl 500 time limit : 3 min 25 sec.

(witch is the more important)

the video is available on youTube :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySpHydQe0qI

or in high resolution at :

http://jagorochi.free.fr/video

Sorry if this can be "shocking" to say that this is "slow" but i'm at least happy to have reached lvl 680, witch is not that bad since i was starting to desesperate to not reach M grade again. [​IMG]

16. tepples

Does not being able to break level 100 on a simulator after numerous tries mean that I have mental retardation, or does it mean only that I have a life?

17. K

K

Sometimes i my social life i refrain to talk about "this" simulator, and i think that i'm ok with social standards [​IMG]

be bad to something may not mean you are in all : you've made TOD and Lockjaw [​IMG]

18. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

Congrats jago. Slow or not, that was an impressive video.

19. propeller

propeller Unregistered

Well done jagorochi, I've been enjoying your Tap videos.

20. tepples

Of course you're not talking about this right? [​IMG]