Records: [TAP] Death

Thread in 'Competition' started by colour_thief, 9 Aug 2006.

1. sihumchai

sihumchai Unregistered

Congratz Jago on the M status, and making the video.

Your video is very impressive, but what impresses me most is that way you rotate the blocks. Consistent buildings, and TGM style rotations you do not see everywhere, but I have also observed this rotation style in other videos as well.

I notice that you use more rotations than usual, but you play so fast that I can't even comprehend what you're actually trying to doing, or why at least.

Good show!

2. Wow, nice one jago!

3. Nice vid, jago. Nice picture quality as well.

I dio have 1 question, that's been bugging me for a while now. After each score, there are these 6 icons, each with 2 different letters on them. What do they mean, and what do the different colours represent ?

4. JenovaSephiroth

JenovaSephiroth Unregistered

ST = Section Time. Wish I knew the others, though...

5. I think we've answered that twice in the forums now. Do a search and perhaps add it to the wiki for posterity.

6. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

If you havn't found it, the name of topic is "Two unrelated questions"

7. K

K

Hello,

thanks again for the latest congratulation [​IMG]

the next step is buying a dog, black glasses, and white stick for training.... [​IMG]

8. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

And...Maybe making a video of your "M" grad in T.A. DEATH...?

9. K

K

yup !

i will manage to do so next week [​IMG]

10. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Ahhh..Thank you I'm impatient to see how many skill we must have to reach the "M"..

11. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

is there anyway to get heboris to score like TGM1?

12. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

Go to Settings and change the Lvl up bonus to TGM/TAP.

13. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

it seems to still use tgm2 style grades, so when i get the first tetris, it stays at grade 9 instead of going to 8 like it would in tgm1

14. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

Oh, you meant the grading system. Unfortunately, the scoring system is locked and uses the TGM 2 system as the standard for the ranking system.

15. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

oww... that kinda sucks. i need something to play TGM1 on my mac : (

16. Can you not get Zinc for the mac?

17. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

Zinc is proprietary software, and the author chooses not to buy a Mac.

18. Oh tepples.

-The ZiNc forums are hosted by Mac superstar Richard Bannister.

-The current ZiNc maintainer owns a Mac.

-The next release of ZiNc will be open source.

If anything, a port hasn't happened because the current maintainer, R. Belmont, is a MameDev and also makes the amazing arcade music player known as M1. The guy has so much "important" stuff on his plate that a Mac port probably doesn't even make his list.

19. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

Thank you for the correction. I guess I'm just used to people on other forums begging for ports and changes where it has already been stated previously in the same topic that the author lacks time, inclination, and/or materials to do such a port.

20. No worries. I just felt like defending R. Belmont because I think he's a swell guy. Mac users should check out his <a href="http://rbelmont.mameworld.info/?page_id=163">SDL MAME</a>, which comes in a Mac flavour and has the distinction of being extremely current. It's too bad MAME still has the sound bug in TGM1... Though PSX hardware has seen slow but steady progress over the last few years so it's probably just a matter of time.