Switch between TGM, TAP and TI

Thread in 'Strategy' started by Amnesia, 20 Jul 2010.

1. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

There is almost no problem in playing both TGM and TAP, even in the same half day, we can still perform a new record in one of these games in mixing the session.

But trying to play both TI and TAP is another story.
    I remember the first time, after my first heboris ti period of 4 months, I decided to come back on TAP in thinking that I would destroy the game thank to the speed improvement provided by DOOM, and I lived a disaster during 3 weeks at least to recover. My friend Bou lived this event with me and he did not understand as well why DEATH 300 looked so slow for him after DOOM but still impossible.

Today I need less than 3 days, and I am sure that 3 days only makes me recover 90% of my level, and the last 10% of accuracy comes only after many weeks.

I am wondering today if I can still work on 2 opposited versions : SHIRASE and TGM1.
    I think that the two games are so far regarding the speed and the scenario that they won't parasite each other.

And I wish to hear some opinions about this problematic of switching.

2. Muf

Muf

Switch more often. Don't focus on one game for very long, just alternate a lot. Eventually your brain recognises the differences the moment you start a game and switches accordingly.

3. orz

orz

alternatively just play tgm/tap eh eh

4. Zaphod77

Zaphod77 Resident Misinformer

honestly it's the lack of floorkicks that dooms you when you return back to TAP from TI.

The only remedy is to not give up playing TAP. Even if you are focusing more on TI, if you keep playing TAP regularly, you should retain the skills. What you learn in TAP doesn't hurt you any in TI, so you lose nothing by playing more TAP. :) Solid play with les sinformation helps you even when you have more information.

5. Yes you do. You lose speed. That's essential. Try going from playing Death 500 to Shirase 1200.

6. Listen to muf, his wisdom is beyond his years.

On a related note, while I don't have this problem switching with TAP/Ti so much anymore, I do get this with Easy or Sakura and normal tetris modes.

7. I switch a lot and have no problems. Maybe I might press D to try to hold once, but that's it.

8. orz

orz

i dont know how to hold i just play ti modes w/o hold

9. try switching between 10-key left-aligned to 40-key center-aligned keyblox modes T_T. Once I tried 40-key right-aligned ARS no column clamp no hold no deep drop. Oh god.

On a more serious note, this is one of the reasons I haven't embraced TI modes yet. Though it's mostly because I just can't be bothered to learn how to actually use hold.

10. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

It seems that practicing the "switch motion" is a good solution.
    I still have a doubt, I think that this way we can't reach the ultimate finesse, like jago on TAP MASTER for example, but if we can get quickly 97% of our level with a fast switch ability, then it is enough.

About the HOLD parasite, I think more and more, that the real strategy was to start with TI, and then go on TAP:TGM. It is easier to learn to play without HOLD than it is to play with.
    DIGITAL and Kevin have the last word because they started on TI ( and on SRS btw..:confused:)

Don't forget this :
    TAP is included in TI
    TI has new stuffs TAP doesn't have