stereogram tetris

Thread in 'Discussion' started by deepdorp, 14 Jan 2009.

1. here's a cool little app i found at deviant art of stereogram tetris. for anyone who doesn't know, a stereogram is one of those pictures that you kind of cross your eyes to see, or "look through" the image to focus on a point behind it. the image, which originally appears as a scrambled digital image, then "pops" out as a 3-D picture.

http://3dimka.deviantart.com/art/3D-Stereogram-Tetris-36795242

2. Nice find. I recently started looking at stereograms, but I've only seen still "pictures", never heard about games. [​IMG]

3. jujube

jujube Unregistered

that's awesome [​IMG] i can't play it though, because whenever the active piece moves my eyes lose focus. maybe it's something you could get used to.

4. I loose focus when I blink with my eyes, then it takes about 2 seconds for me to be able to see it again. I don't have any problem with seeing the active piece.
    However, I don't see any borders around the playfield at all. Do they exist?

5. Muf

Muf

Why the hell is everything repeated 8 times? I only have two eyes, you know. It's not like I can make my eight arachnid eyes all converge at one point.

6. I love stereograms, so I was happy to try this. I can play it fine, but it's really a terrible Tetris implementation. Too narrow, piece orientations are all wrong (and inconsistent with the piece preview), no lock delay, one rotate button... I could go on. BTW, the most amusing part of the site that this came from (hidden-3d.com) was the stereogram captchas in the comment sections.

7. Zaphod77

Zaphod77 Resident Misinformer

oh HELL NO.

(i cannot see those things, and would be totally unable to post a single comment there!)

8. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

I just sent an e-mail message to webmaster@hidden-3d.com to the following effect:

If the e-mail doesn't bounce, the reply might be that deaf people have no business commenting on a site about rock music, and blind people have no business commenting on a site about paintings, and people who "possibly have issues with binocular vision" have no business commenting on a site about stereograms. But at least I tried.

9. Muf

Muf

Stereograms aren't even fun to look at. They're just noise with depth information encoded into it. Stereoscopic photographs (and 3D renders) are a lot more fun; there's an actual image instead of the noise. But I suppose the whole elitist way of having only a select amount of people that "can see it" increases the coolness factor. I can only see stereograms inside-out (because I only know how to cross my eyes), but I don't imagine they're any more fun right-side-in than inside-out. I think I'll implement stereoscopy into GMO. Shouldn't be too difficult to implement.

10. Honestly, I just thought the stereogram captchas were clever and more of a joke, than anything. I just laughed. It's not like it's a big site or anything, either. Just a site with a few stereograms and stereogram games.

Edit: Some of the stereograms I like the best are the ones with repeating images that make sense without being just noise, such as this one:

http://hidden-3d.com/index.php?id=gallery&pk=235