Source Code - Reinventing Heboris

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Tiago Dutra, 21 Aug 2009.

1. Hi, first of all, i will NOT make a new heboris with the source code of the same, because i dont know any prog language (15 years old) and i dont have time.;)

I will only ask, if anyone has the necessary knowledge, free time and alot of will, to remake heboris with his source code, please, do it for all heboris lovers around the world...:D

The source code is with the heboris package's C++ build, or you can do reverse enginering with the YSG2K build, it's your choice:p

If the remake of heboris is not possible, i'm sorry about this thread and, if the administrator wants, he can lock or delete this thread:(

If you like, post some features you will like to see on the remake

i'm pleased with your attention and comprehension:cool:

Uh...Later!:D

Last edited: 22 Aug 2009
  2. What benefit would there be of a remake of a game that isn't even that old?

3. Clear up the horrible organization of the code and have more accurate TGM modes.

4. that's exatly what i'm thinking of, and maybe some new features or a translated configuration file

5. Everyone who has tried to do this ran away when they saw how messy the code was. It would probably be easier to start something new than to clean up Heboris.

6. Isn't that what NullpoMino is? An attempt to re-do Heboris from scratch. I think it's coming along pretty nicely so far.

7. obsessed over the c++ port for a few months, trying to make shit accurate and add stuff

really really not worth it mainly because it's a gigantic mess

8. Yeah, what Caithness said. Heboris is a BIG BALL OF MUD and NullpoMino is an attempt to rework it from the ground up. Not to mention that it's in Java, so the code should be somewhat more readable. Hebo is practically unsalvageable at this point.

If you want Hebo with more accurate modes, Hebomini should give you what you're looking for. Because of its high modularity, it was easy for non-developers to change modes and make them more accurate. However, you won't get the flashy goodness of Hebo UE.

As soon as nightmareci and I crack it and find a way to import Nullpo into Eclipse, hell will break loose.

9. Muf

Muf

ಠ_ಠ

10. Well, I don't know about you, but I tend to find Java source code more readable than C++ :D

Last edited: 28 Aug 2009
  11. But games written in Java play like ass. :(

12. NullpoMino's fine for all that. It uses native libraries like sdljava to do all the graphics and sound stuff. 60 fps all the time.

13. But the swing UI looks ugly. :p
    (for some reason it's the only thing that doesn't crash the game for me, haven't tried the latest version though)