Shiromino: TGM + Practice Tool/Pentominoes

Thread in 'Research & Development' started by FeV, 16 Apr 2017.

1. Hey, as i might be the only one here that doesn't play any original TGM, could you point out how accurate shiromino's rotation system currently is? i only remember that you came across some difficulties, but i might completly be mistaken.

thanks!

2. FeV

FeV

The rotation system is completely accurate now. The only problems I really had were with floorkicks. It's a pretty simple rotation system so it wasn't difficult to get right. The timings though, they are slightly off until the next version comes out, particularly for the TGM1 modes, in which at least 20 seconds are lost over the course of a full run.

joemaro likes this.
  3. Is it just me or the I rotation is more allowing than it should? Specifically, it can kick sideways when rotating from vertical to horizontal. I managed to get quite a few undeserved line clears with this, actually.

4. FeV

FeV

This is an intended mechanic. In the G1/G2 modes the I piece does not wallkick, in the other modes it does.

5. I'm having issues when trying to play this game with a Dual Shock 4 (DS4) gamepad. I'm using the direction pad and it works normally most of the time, however sometimes while holding a directional button it will only register as a tap even while the button is held. For example, when trying to move an I block to the wall I will hold the directional button, but the I block will only move one space and the button indicator will only light up for a brief moment. I've tested with other DS4 pads and it doesn't appear to be a hardware issue. If anybody can reproduce this effect I would appreciate it.