request to caffeine

Thread in 'Discussion' started by mask, 27 Feb 2008.

1. hi caffeine, i have a small suggestion. it is possible to use some HTML codes in TC board ?

the codes i want to use are the following codes. if you add these codes to HTML item list in ACP, we can embed the various movie as well as YouTube movies.

Code:
    b,i,u,pre,embed,EMBED,object,OBJECT,b,br,left,center,right,
    font,i,u,p,pre,param,embed,object,img,li,ol,src,table,tr,td,cellpadding,
    cellspacing,a,a href,img src,img,colspan,center,var,div,marquee,align,
    the following codes will change to movies when you give us permission to use above codes.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3-F5L1S7LKU&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3-F5L1S7LKU&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

if this suggestion using HTML codes isn't taken, what if you had used this mod ?

caffeine, what do you think of my suggestions? it is impossible? [​IMG]

[Page widening diminished -- MOD]

2. Muf

Muf

I personally don't like pages with a lot of embedded YouTube players, generally slows down scrolling through the page. I don't see what's wrong with just linking to the watch pages, really.

3. ok, to be sure ,though Embed function may not fit to a kind topic of TETRiS Video, i feel this topic is suited to the Embed function.

what if we ourselves had placed some restrictions?

for instance, the only person who build topic can use Embed function [​IMG]

4. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

I do not want embeded videos just because i can think of at least one person who would have youtube videos in every post. I just don't want to have to load all of that. Clicking the links work just fine.

5. ah, then if you don't like pages with a lot of embedded movies, you may check the NO in "Always allow HTML" of your profile. you can disable Embedded function [​IMG]

edit: "YES" [​IMG] "NO"

6. umm..., i withdraw my suggestion [​IMG]

7. heh, let me ponder on it. embedded video doesn't slow down threads too much, do they really?

8. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

At 56 kbps it does. And that's all that's available to Rich Nagel out in bufftuck nowhere. Living in the woods where your only neighbors are animals tends to diminish your prospects for broadband.

9. <LMAO>!!! Quite true <LOL>!

10. Even ignoring the download speed, if you have more than four or five videos on a page, it really slows down the browser. Scrolling up and down becomes extremely slow and jerky.

I know this from experience with embedding in a thread elsewhere devoted to posting YouTube videos.