opengl_tgm1

Thread in 'Research & Development' started by nightmareci, 20 Apr 2013.

1. Okay, here you go. These are just the files I changed to make everything to compile. Its likely going to take more work to get the graphics working properly. OS X is supposed to have partial support for OpenGL 3.3, but its completely broken on my Laptop for some reason. Also, the shaders are compiling, but not linking... I was looking into that problem, but I just don't have the time to debug it right now.

Attached Files:

2. Muf

Muf

Sounds like your laptop has an Intel GMA chip or something. Try on a desktop or a laptop with a real (AMD or nvidia) GPU :)

3. Its a GeForce GT 330M. It passes OpenGL 3.0, 3.1, and 3.2, but fails 3.3 (using OpenGL Extensions Viewer). The problem is Apple, IMO. Even their newer systems only have partial support for 3.3. Normally I avoid doing OpenGL on OS X, because its much more painful to get everything working correctly than on other platforms. I run into shader problems on OS X all the time.

4. What is the alternative to OpenGL on OS X?

5. There is none :) ...I do mostly 2D image processing, though.

There are rumors that OS X 10.8 was originally supposed to support OpenGL up to 4.0, but they couldn't complete it in time. Everyone is hoping they at least fully support 4.0 in their next release, if not 4.3. They used to write all of their own graphics drivers, but I'm not sure if this is still the case. Whatever is going on, something needs to change.

6. Muf

Muf