NullpoMino

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Caithness, 18 Aug 2009.

1. Re: NullpoMino - now with netplay!

Oh, by the way. I will take my server down for maintenance this Thursday or Friday, expect it to be down the entire day. My netplay server will obviously be unavailable during the time.

2. Re: NullpoMino - now with netplay!

Has anyone tried the music editor? It's been 0.5 or so versions since the last version in which I didn't have a problem with music playback; since then, BGM in Nullpo won't loop.

Can someone please do me a favor and test to see if BGM loops?

3. Re: NullpoMino - now with netplay!

BGM looping in 6.7.0.0

4. Re: NullpoMino - now with netplay!

Never mind, the checkboxes were what threw me off.

5. Re: NullpoMino - now with netplay!

Suggestions.
    Create some sort of matrix(it will make easier for me to stack combos etc).

Make team game support so I can join my friend and we both will roll 4wide combos.

Make option for even garbage sending. For example if there is 5 players room and someone does tetris he sends 1 line to everyone else.
    If there is 2 player room and someone does tetris he will send 2 players to both of opponents.
    If its 2 player room and he does triple he will send 2 lines to first player and 1 to another and next line goes to second player cause he got 1.

I already said about garbage from blockbox ;)

6. NullNoname

NullNoname NullpoMino developer

NullpoMino Version 6.8.0.0 (2010/04/30)

Okey, not so many thing are fixed, but anyway, here is a new version.

Version 6.8.0.0 (2010/04/30)
    #This version is NO LONGER compatible with 6.7 netplay server.
    +Added "Game Tuning" options. Here you can select rotation button behavior, select any block skin, adjust DAS and movement speed.
    To access it, select "GAME TUNING" from CONFIG menu in SDL/Slick versions, or select "1P(2P) Tuning Setting..." from config menu in Swing version.
    Tuning settings are shared from all 3 versions, and you can use it in netplay. (It can overcome "Same rule for all players" option!)
    +SDL/Slick: Enhanced joystick options menu. Now you can test your joystick from this "INPUT TEST" option.
    Most joystick related settings were moved from General Options menu.
    +NetPlay: Added "Reduce attack power in 3P+ game" option in room creation screen.
    When enabled, it will reduce all player's attack power in 3-6 players game. The attack power will increase when any player dies.
    +VS-BATTLE/NetPlay: Added "Hurryup" options.
    When timer reaches specific time limit, you'll hear alarm sound, then undestroyable blocks will start rising from bottom of the playfield.
    By default, undestroyable blocks will rise every time you put 5 pieces, but it can be changed by "Interval" setting.
    +NetPlay: Garbage collector will run after each game. (Yep, this is just a workaround, but it's better than nothing)
    -NetPlay: Cleans up player list when destroying a room. (Probably reduces memory usage)
    -NetServer: Fixed a memory leak bug. (Logged out player's incomplete-packet will remain)
    -SDL/Slick: Fixed "SCRREN SHOT" typo.
    *GEM MANIA: Decreased Ready&Go duration.

* Download Link *

I'll try to add more thing in netplay next version.
    Thanks everyone for supporting NullpoMino!

7. Re: NullpoMino - now with netplay!

great changes, i love this game.
    btw, it seems huge memory usage bug is specific to sdl version, because i don't have this issue when using slick version.

8. Re: NullpoMino - now with netplay!

Hey, sorry for not being around to host the last couple of releases of NullpoMino. I'll try to do better from now on...

Here's the latest mirror:

http://nihon.se/NullpoMino/NullpoMino6.8.rar

Last edited: 30 Apr 2010
  9. Re: NullpoMino - now with netplay!

Hi - I've just been giving 6.8 a spin and have a question. Does anyone else have trouble with Stick controls? I'm using a USB HRAP3 on Windows 7 x64, and the controls are often quite "spongy" and inaccurate. I used the new Input Test screen, and the problem seems to be with buttons. When I test buttons 0, 1 and 2 I get a click of confirmation when I press them and also when I release. For buttons 3 thru 7, while they are held I get a continuous stream of clicks as though the button is being hit and released in a continual blur. It seems that while holding button 3 for rotate CW, it interferes with the stick input and sometimes the movements are missed.

It was a fresh install, and the hardware and configuration have worked fine for all versions of Nullpo for the past few months. Anyone else seen this?

10. Re: NullpoMino - now with netplay!

Yes, I've had some stick problems as described on page 8-9. (FS3)
    Not like yours though. My problem was that it automatically dragged full force to the left direction making a) menu selection quite challenging and b) clearing lines impossible :awe:

But I only had this problem with slick version, sdl version worked fine. (however, I like to play tetris on my netbook and sdl is far too slow)

11. Re: NullpoMino - now with netplay!

few more bugs:
    - when you join game in progress garbage shows on your garbage meter and you can hear danger sound
    - when you have more than 20 lines in garbage meter big black bar shows up
    - if all players but one are ready and this one player leave room or go to spectators, game wont start
    - when you are spectator, room is full and you join queue, then when you get your spot you still have spectator view and you can't go ready

Last edited: 3 May 2010
  12. Re: NullpoMino - now with netplay!

FYI I reinstalled Nullpo 6.8, remapped the stick controls and removed the keyboard controls. One or more of those things has cured my sticky input problems. The joystick input test still "blurs" button presses of button #2 and above, but it's all fine in game.

13. XaeL

XaeL Unregistered

Re: NullpoMino - now with netplay!

Feature request: Coloured garbage and colour'ed players so you know whos sending u garbage. (is it rotational garbage or is it send to all? Regardless u should still be able to see whos sendingz the moast garbage dizzleys)

14. Re: NullpoMino - now with netplay!

Huh? NullpoMino already has color-coded garbage. In fact, it's only game I know of that does.

It's garbage to all, with an option to reduce the amount sent when there are 3 or more players.

15. NullNoname

NullNoname NullpoMino developer

NullpoMino Version 6.9.0.0 (2010/05/06)

Okey, I updated some features.

Version 6.9.0.0 (2010/05/06)
    #This version is NO LONGER compatible with 6.8 netplay server.
    +Added "DIG RACE" mode. Clear the bottommost line as fast as possible.
    +GARBAGE MANIA: Now fully compatible with big option. Previously, the garbage hole was too small to clear the line, but now hole is big enough.
    +SDL/Slick: Rule Select screen will appear after the first keyboard setup screen.
    +NetPlay: Added experimental team play support. If you are on a team, any team mate can't attack you, and you can't attack them.
    When someone dies, and if all survivors are on the same team, game ends and their team name will be displayed in chat log as the winner.
    +NetPlay: Added "TNET2-style auto start timer" option. When enabled, the following changes will take place:
    1.Timer won't start until at least 2 players are ready.
    2.When the timer runs out, all non-ready players will be moved to spectator.
    3.If someone cancels the OK sign, timer will be disabled until the next match starts.
    -NetPlay: Fixed the following bugs:
    1.when you join game in progress garbage shows on your garbage meter and you can hear danger sound
    2.when you have more than 20 lines in garbage meter big black bar shows up
    3.if all players but one are ready and this one player leave room or go to spectators, game wont start
    4.when you are spectator, room is full and you join queue, then when you get your spot you still have spectator view and you can't go ready
    Thanks dodd for pointing out those bugs.
    *Slick: Upgraded LWGJL to 2.4.2.

* Download Link *

Thanks everyone for supporting NullpoMino!

@Caithness: I remember some official games (such as Tetris Evolution and Tetris Party) did same color-coded garbage.

16. Re: NullpoMino - now with netplay!

Does anyone know how Martijn converter Nullpomino into an OSX application (page 2) ? I think he used Jar Bundler but I don't know what parameter to use.

17. Re: NullpoMino - now with netplay!

i was about to suggest this.

You missunderstood me, sorry. If ready players will go below 50% timer should be removed, but then it will go over 50% it should start again from Auto Start Delay.

Teamplay is now kinda hard to set up, because you have disconnect from server to change team.

Some players suggested that disconnect delay is too long. It is like 5 minutes, right? Maybe 30 secounds would be better.

No name, is way we can contact you direcly like email or IM?

I suggest to get rid of play_swing_64bit.bat and play_slick_64bit.bat and update other files like this: http://bziumm.mooo.com/~wojtek/nullpo_bat.zip.

could you include rule for harddrop community players? this is draft version: http://bziumm.mooo.com/~wojtek/StandardZero.zip .

Last edited: 6 May 2010