NullpoMino

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Caithness, 18 Aug 2009.

1. Re: NullpoMino - now with netplay!

I was thinking of a more game independant description (i.e. "clone of X"). In that regard, HD's wiki description are tad better.

Something in the line of "Dig race: clear a garbage filled playfield as fast as you can !

2. NullpoPlayer

NullpoPlayer Unregistered

Re: NullpoMino - now with netplay!

readme_en.txt has descent modes and rules descriptions.

3. Zaphod77

Zaphod77 Resident Misinformer

oh. :)

I was trying to make the descriptions be enough to implement them.

Perhaps these are more like how you want them.

CLASSIC-NEW: RETRO MANIA too slow? Give this mode people play like monkeys on their PS2 a try. Optimized for Standard128 instead of Classic0.

GRAVITY MANIA: Other modes too difficult? In this mode all pieces fall down after every piece is placed. Score high with large chains and line clears!

COLOR MANIA: Pieces of same color stick, and pieces of different color fall. Garbage floats. Some pieces have two colors. Use gravity to clear the bottom garbage row before time runs out to reach the next level.

SQUARE MANIA:A New low scoring marathon type of game. Score more by arranging tetrominos into 4X4 squares. Best played with 63 piece bag.

BOMB MANIA:This mode is a blast! Pieces have bombs in them. Make them explode by filling lines. Score a bravo to clear the level, but don't run out of pieces!

4. Re: NullpoMino - now with netplay!

The idea was to have them ingame for newbies players, because in general, no one ever read readme.

5. Re: NullpoMino - now with netplay!

What about a Sparkliss copy?

SPARK MANIA: Similar to BOMB MANIA, except bombs create one-line sparks in four directions instead of explosions. The count of lines made determines the length of the spark, starting at 4 blocks and increasing by 1 for each line to a maximum of 8. A 2x2 block of sparks forms into a large spark and gives a +1 score bonus, which always creates a 2x8 spark in all directions. A closed rectangle of sparks clears out all blocks within. Score a BRAVO to clear.

6. Zaphod77

Zaphod77 Resident Misinformer

Out of curiosity, what tools do you need to actually develop your own nullpomino modes? I was working on Hebo Mini back in the day, and would liek to try and port some stuff over.

7. Re: NullpoMino - now with netplay!

I think any java ide will do, but i use eclipse. readme file says nullnoname use eclipse too.

8. Spirale2

Spirale2 Unregistered

I agree with PetitPrince. If noone does it before, i will try to do it :)

9. Re: NullpoMino - now with netplay!

Minor bug with 7.2.0: during a Grade Mania 3 replay I was awarded a gold ST award where I shouldn't have (and wasn't originally). It was the 0-100 section, I had a section cool then hit 100 at 1:02. My section record is both lower than that now and definitely was also lower when the game was originally played.

Oh and could I politely bump the request that the Grade Mania scores be sorted by Grade and then Master time?

10. Re: NullpoMino - now with netplay!

Hi guys, how you doing???
    Well, I just wanna ask you if tetrisconcept has a nullpomino server???
    Are there any other servers??? Or just the hardrop one???

That`s all...
    Regards...

Nahu

11. Re: NullpoMino - now with netplay!

The only server we know of right now is harddrop's. But why would you want another one? That would just reduce your chances of finding an opponent.

12. Re: NullpoMino - now with netplay!

nullpomino would be more fun if there were more players on netplay.. on nights other than NULLPOMINO WEEKLY >_<

on avg it has less players than blockbox

13. SWR

SWR

slick seems to have a problem with Windows 7 Professional on 64-bit OS.
    It worked fine when I ran vista, but on 7, doesn't even open. =(
    I need slick for my game pad.

14. Re: NullpoMino - now with netplay!

@SWR try running swing >_>

15. SWR

SWR

It works, but like SDL, the frame rate is terrible, and even worse, no game pad support.

16. Re: NullpoMino - now with netplay!

Did you change something other than your OS?
    I'm on 64-bit Windows 7 Professional and everything works fine, so that's probably not the problem

17. SWR

SWR

Not that i know of. I just installed windows 7, downloaded the latest java, then downloaded the latest nullpomino

18. Re: NullpoMino - now with netplay!

Ah, my mistake
    If the error you're getting is something like "Windows cannot find 'javaw'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."
    Then what I did was:
    Edit enviromental variable PATH to include pointing to the folder where jawa.exe.
    - Open Control Panel
    - Open System
    - Click on “Advanced system settings”
    - Click on “Environment Variables”
    - Under System variables select “Path” and then edit.
    - I copied and past the “Vaiable value” into note pad and edit then copy pasted back. I added “;C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\” without ” of course to the end and pasted back in.

Source.
    I completely forgot I had to do this when I first tried Nullpomino.

19. Re: NullpoMino - now with netplay!

if you have 64bit java you have to copy files from lib\LWJGL2_4_2 to lib.

20. Re: NullpoMino - now with netplay!

I very briefly had the same trouble on my Windows 7 x64 system with the path variable not being set although java had already been installed at some previous point. I suspect (speculate) that I got my java via a Firefox plugin originally - perhaps that doesn't sort the path for you. Once I got the standalone installer I was working fine afterwards...