New to TGM3 Ti

Thread in 'Strategy' started by Baehelit, 30 Jan 2015.

1. Hey guys, new member here (told to post this here instead of HardDrop, so here I am as well), also new to TGM as a whole. I've been playing Tetris for years now, (Started out with DX on the game boy color, moved onto DS and Axis [which I know are bad, but helped with understanding the game as a teen], also the PS3 version, along with Tetris Friends).

I've known about TGM3 Ti for quite some time after that infamous Master Mode invisible clear video has surfaced online, and recently found the PC port of TGM3 Ti, so I've decided to give it a shot, being inspired by the TGM exhibition at this year's AGDQ.

Now, I've gotten used to the aforementioned games' hard drop speed, but I'm still getting used to Master mode's lock delay- How do you pull off hard drops so instantaneously? I've seen high level play where it seems like lock delay isn't an issue, and I'd love to attain that level of speed, but I just can't seem to get my time fast enough, I usually get to a minute by Level ~50 or so, and after my first COOL!, I usually get a REGRET soon afterwards...

Does lock delay decrease the further you advance in rank?

I play on a Qanba Q4RAF Arcade stick using the default button layout, so hard dropping is sill a new thing on a stick to me. Any help or pointers would be appreciated.

2. TGM games with ARS don't have hard-drop, only sonic drop. It drops the piece at 20G for one frame and so triggers lock delay, but it doesn't lock the piece instantaneously and you can still move it (which enables advanced finesse). You have to hit down as fast as possible after you've triggered the sonic drop to actually lock the piece manually.

Also just to be clear, if you're playing Ti on a PC you're running a pirate version of the arcade game with an input hack (the genuine arcade game runs on Windows XP Embedded) - it's not a "PC port".