new forum open

Thread in 'Discussion' started by caffeine, 21 Nov 2005.

1. everyone is welcome to post whatever is on their mind. have fun.

2. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Nothing..

Just to recover one time the oldest topic of this forum..

Maybe nobody told you : Nice job caffeine ! [​IMG]

3. schnappy

schnappy Unregistered

It's 1;30 down here in aussie land right now

me sleep now... eyes bleeding >D:

4. I think this is the first time on a forum that I've ever seen a 23-month bump.

5. When I clicked this I thought there was an actual new non-Tetris forum rofl

6. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

Unless we want to split it into tetromino stacking, other video games, and OT (Other Topics). But I think caffeine has vetoed that a few times.

7. when i saw this, i was like: what? i didn't post this! and then i clicked and was like: ohhhhh.

8. happy birthday tetrisconcept. sort of.

congrats to caffeine. where did the idea of making tc came from ?

was it because the official tetris DS forums were so dumb (never was there, but i remember reading it here) ?

9. This site predated TDS by a fair margin.

10. I started this site in May 2005. The forum in it's present form began in November.

Hmm, let me think, why did I start TC again? Before TC, I had made two or three other Tetris sites on free servers just as a hobby. On them I described basic strategy and twists, etc. Then one day I was searching around the net, and as usual there was like zero good content out there, so I thought: a good, fresh Tetris website is needed. It would thrive simply because it doesn't exist yet. So I signed up with dinohost.com (freaking awesome web server, use them), and I started adding content in a blog fashion. I also had a page for a couple of Tetris articles I wrote, as well as some links and videos I made. I had thought about making a wiki, but I didn't think there was enough people (especially since the forum wasn't that big a hit back then). One day colour_thief was like, make a wiki! So I did, and we stayed up all night listing Tetris games and finding their date of publication. I'm kind of surprised the wiki worked out as well as it did. I think wikiTC was a little before its time. Not until this past year or so did people start making wiki's just for a single game in this amount of depth.

Eventually I thought to myself that if this website was going to last, I had to de-personalize it and make it self-thriving without me needing to be the major contributor (although I'll always contribute). So I did away with the blog (partly cause some people I know figured out I had a website, and I didn't want them reading my nerdy Tetris stuff), and now it is how it is today.

11. I quite liked the blog. I also remember ice-cream being offered in return for finding out certain dates for the releases of Tetris games.