NES Tetris

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Josh Tolles, 20 Mar 2006.

1. Anyone have high scores for NES Tetris? Mine is 622,363---achieved August 1, 2005.

Tongiht I almost beat it, I had one game which was 613,000 and it eneded on Level 28, and soon after that I got another of 594,000 which ended on Level 29. Very close to a new record.

2. For some reason the orginal NES Tetris is the only one I really, really suck on!

Im not sure why? I can get higher scores on SNES and GB tetris, I think its the colours they really piss me off, I end up trying to sit real close to the tv to try and focus. But personally I dont think I have ever got over 500,000K which is quite bad. Although these days im lucky to play more than 5 games of it a fortnight.

Good luck with that highscore, should try and record it.

- Jono

3. mine's 636,193 acheived circa 1996

[​IMG]
    (i was taunting a friend with the 'i rule')

4. Thats pretty good, I might play it for a few weeks straight and see how I go. Maybe.

Oh and deepdrop what level did you start on?

- Jono

5. Spectre256

Spectre256 Unregistered

The highest I remember getting was around 720,000. Can't remember the exact score though.

6. thanks for the compliment. it was about 10 years ago but i would say i started on level 15.

7. Anyone managed to get past level 29, yet? (heh)

My record is (I think) 400000-something... but that was when I was much younger, and I haven't played it much since (Mostly due to bad controllers)

8. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

29 is 1G right? But without lock delay, with the game's slow sideways autorepeat, and with IJS (initial jack shit), I can see how it could become impossible.

9. Some might call it cheating, but I've always had a theory. . . . You know those "turbo" controllers? The ones which allow a fast auto-repeat when you push a button? I was thinking that if one were to wire up one of those controllers to have the "turbo" function on the D-pad left and right controls, then gameplay past Level 29 could be possible.

10. YES! I have thought of that many times.

I was wondering if there is a program for the computer for that, like a rapid fire keyboard.

- Jono

11. Guest

Guest Unregistered

I highly doubt that it would be possible to play at level 29+. The block still goes from the top to the bottom in 1/3 of a second at that level, and there's no block hovering and almost no delay in between blocks.

12. Maybe so, but a rapid-fire D-pad or a rapid keystroke program, would make the game relatively eaiser and faster to play.

Im still looking for a program to try out,but no luck as of yet.

Anyone know one?

- Jono

13. Spectre256

Spectre256 Unregistered

14. Spectre256

Spectre256 Unregistered

Gah, I wasn't thinking, those are only for the A and B buttons... I'll look around later to see what I can find.

15. Guest

Guest Unregistered

Yeah, I already got one of them to.

But I am really looking for just a program to change my keyboard to turbo keys.

- Jono

16. In the control panel there are probably settings for your keyboard for repeat delay and repeat rate. I'm not too sure if this would translate into an emulator but it was crucial for an online site i used to play at. have you guys tried that yet?

17. Guest

Guest Unregistered

No, I have not.

Thank you.

- Jono

18. tepples

Emulators generally do not use key-repeat events; they use key-down and key-up events.

19. B.G.

B.G. Unregistered

huh?

down key = rotate block?

I dont know that tetris.

[​IMG]

20. tepples

BPS Tetris (Japan only):

left: move left

right: move right

down: rotate left