Records: [NES PAL] A-Type

Thread in 'Competition' started by Kitaru, 10 Mar 2014.

1. Hi to everyone. Finally posting first result. Been playing Tetris much more lately. Jani has helped by providing CRT tv and that's made all the difference. Got new record in just two days. My PB is now 562205, 192 lines, starting lvl 9.

2. OK, updated! I finally got some programming work done that makes updating these NES threads much smoother. Please let me know if you spot any discrepancies and I'll correct the bugs/errors. Similarly, let me know if there is anything missing.

EDIT: In fact I already spotted a discrepancy! Fun. I have a bug to hunt down and fix, but then this should be clean.
    EDIT2: Fixed? Maybe!

Last edited: 17 Jun 2016
  3. Hi All, thought I'd get around the posting my score I got recently. Aiming to crack 600k if I get enough playtime in. Would love to make the TEC next year. I love Denmark. 565898 was a tough slog, was all over the place. Started level 9. Question - what's with all the +9etc next to level achieved on the high score table?
    Cheers everyone!

Kitaru likes this.
  4. New PB. 601200. 192 lines with level 9 start.

Last lines I played almost too safe since I didn't try to do tetris after I realised that 600k can be made using singles and doubles only.

Svavar, Qlex and Kitaru like this.
  5. Wow, finally cracked 600k!! It's been my goal for a long time, haven't been playing that much recently either. Busy with Zelda on Switch.
    IMG_4534.png
    Started lv 9, had to burn way too many lines early on, but finished really well on level 16-18, piled high on left, right at the end before i hit 19, and boom, long bar! I felt really positive when i started and was playing differently, as i was keeping an unusually clean wall, i was that much in the zone i cant really remember what its was i was doing different though. Oh well. So happy!! Now back to Zelda.

Qlex, AaronC and Svavar like this.
  6. I decided to give the PAL version a try. I am enjoying switching it up from NTSC. I have been improving my PR's often since I started, and today was a good day. I broke 650k for the 1st time! If you have a chance Alex could you update the leaderboard? Thank you.

Svavar, R05SCO, Qlex and 2 others like this.
  7. Hi there, sorry for the late reply. That would be the number of lines achieved in that level.

In the NTSC scoreboard, we also track "fractional lines" for max-outs -- that is, if you only need a fraction of the points from the last tetris to cross the finish line, you get credited for that appropriately. We may not ever need the decimal points for PAL, but I use the same program to generate the scoreboard for both NTSC and PAL (hence the extra decimals for now). :p

R05SCO likes this.
  8. -JJ

-JJ

That was intense! :) 519209 lvl 9-18

9. Damn! That was a clean run. Keep'em coming :D

10. Great score man!

11. -JJ

-JJ

597749, it was so close to 600k :)

Svavar and Qlex like this.
  12. lvl9.png tetrislvl18.png

Today I got the 600k (score is 630590) dream come true (start at level9) at the arcade I work at (I could not film there I am sorry). I could not put my name on the list, because there is a Tetris score competition going all week, so I had to put Game Over, the name of the arcade where I work at there so no one would think, that is the best score (staff cant compete). At level 17 lots of customers came and I screamed at them "Just wait!!!" kinda rude, but thankfully they did not make no fuzz about it :D
    It was near yesterday when I was playing with lvl18 start (that 598 score).
    I swore to myself that I wont even register until I hit 600k. I'm kinda exhausted right now. I want to make my splash to scene with these scores, even though I stream Tetris quite regular...but now I've got my reason to register here.
    First big step on my blocky journey is done. Thanks to everyone who has supported me on stream and out of it, especially Finnish Tetris community! You can watch me play here: www.twitch.tv/hezzuli

Im so happy :)

Last edited: 4 Oct 2017
  13. Excellent score!!

Qlex likes this.
  14. New PB: 723,400

Qlex and Burbruee like this.
  15. Happy Halloween!

16. One new world record please :)

17. Massive congratulations! What a game man, that’s awesome. Big balls at the end there with the perfect stack on left. Has your heart rate returned to normal?

Qlex likes this.
  18. Thanks!! My heart was definitely racing pretty hard when I finished the game haha

wasmachstdugern and Qlex like this.