Records: [NES NTSC] A-Type

Thread in 'Competition' started by Kitaru, 24 Feb 2012.

1. Name: Eris
    Score: 999999 (1028500)
    Maxed At: 219 Lines
    Lines Cleared: 232
    Starting Level: 18
    Played On: NES + CRT + Controller
    Video:

A nasty phantom tap at 219 lines killed the 1.1 million by losing DAS, but that's okay. :)

Rory76 and furious programming like this.
  2. Greetings! I just managed to get my highest score yet: 446,621!

I had to register to submit this one for the list. This was via emulator (Mesen) starting on level 9.

Now the true training begins!

Attached Files:

Qlex likes this.
  3. Name: kiwbi
    just scored a new highscore of 695060

scored on emulator (FceuMM)

video link:

need to get aggressive on 19+!

Raul1138 likes this.
  4. I think that Tetris Effect submissions deserve a new thread.

5. I was just mindlessly stating my opinion, but I am definitely not the authoritative figure to have a say in this. :) You do, however, raise an interesting point.

6. New pb of 886,752. Was 861k at Level 25 but I didn't do so well after that, and got messed up in the end by a missed t-spin.

www.twitch.tv/videos/802128042

Also got a new transition pb (637k) and finally another killscreen (just my second one, but 740k this time instead of the 360k of the first). :D

Last edited: 8 Dec 2020
    Camula91 likes this.
  7. Fuck this shit. Finally. After 4 fucking months I finally managed to get through that barrier. Since then having done multiple runs with just 100-200k more needed and fucking up including two 990k games. But now it finally happened.

Special shoutouts to
    - Kitaru for all his work for the community
    - aGameScout who made me finally figure out how DAS actually work since I didn't understand Kitarus explanation
    - Sam Finch who is probably the only one who at least slightly cares about my videouploads.
    - everyone working hard in the community - especially the guys from CTWC and CTM
    - Jonas and Jeff who were the reason I started playing around 3 years ago on and off (effectively close to 2 years of active play)

Transition Score: 554.872
    Final Score: 1.009.147

Since my transition score was somewhat "low" and I had way higher as well as me playing it very safe towards the end, I think 1,1 million is definitely doable eventually. But for now I am just happy that I finally managed to do this and will see, if I can max out once more during this month.

Qlex and furious programming like this.