Records: [NES NTSC] A-Type

Thread in 'Competition' started by Kitaru, 24 Feb 2012.

1. @Adonis Mouse: I have nowhere to go, so I'm sitting here. At least for now. ;)

2. After a 4 months break I got back into it a week ago. Eventually got a few 150k+ lv19 starts and now a new PB + line-record (going to 193 while continuing to score). I did play pretty safe after transition and eventually messed up my board with a short z-burst and an unnecessary misdrop.
    In the end it's only a 16000 improvement, but hey. You take what you can get. And sorry for the pause inbetween. I changed my playlist. If it invalidates the score, np.

Transition Score: 602329
    Final Score: 740047

Also generally getting a lot better to adjust my risk-taking as well as dealing with the transition pace-change. At this point I can do relative consistent 500k+ transitions.

Rory76 and Raul1138 like this.

3. 714k transition,
    max out at 184 lines ish. Maybe 184.58?

4. This leaderboard is only for earliest maxouts right? I maxed on 26 the other day, but I'm not sure how to calculate the exact fraction of a line clear

Rory76 and Raul1138 like this.
  5. And 2 days after another small improvement in my PB. I think this was even maxout pace until I messed up and if I was better on 19 :p

Overall am pretty happy with this game - minus the topping out. Had some nasty spots and/or blockdrops that I got through quite cleanly. On 18 and on 19. Especially the post-transition clean-up and the dirty tetris on 19 was pretty neat.

Transition Score: 599777
    Final Score: 754940

Edit: During warming up some on 19 today - so I didn't record, yet - I managed to get 361.671 on a lv19 start with ~120 lines. Thats 105.000 more than my previous lv19 personal best.

Last edited: 18 Feb 2020
    Rory76 likes this.
  6. Guys I got the Hong Kong's first lv 19 maxout last week PogChamp
    I guess I'm holding a WR now am I haha

Rory76 likes this.
  7. Here's an excel calculator I made to do that:

Classic Tetris Maxout Calculator

So I make yours 26+7.499.

Last edited: 19 Feb 2020
  8. Yep. And woulda been WR without the burns before the maxout tetris.

Last edited: 19 Feb 2020
  9. Name: Eris
    Score: 1'021'380 Points (Level 18-29)
    Lines: 237
    Style: DAS + Original Hardware (CRT + Controller)
    Video:

10. Amazing reaction Eris! And 237 lines?!?

Nice. :D

11. Stacy told me in purrson at CTWC 2019 that she maxed out several times at home, but doesn't record any of her runs. Also, Rory, thanks for your comment. :)

12. This is my new NTSC PB.
    Name: Mark
    Score: 995240 (Lvl. 18-29)
    Style: Hybrid
    Played on Emulator (Nestopia)

Raul1138 likes this.
  13. [​IMG]

Small improvement in PB from level 9 start, slowly getting the hang of level 19 a little bit

Raul1138 likes this.
  14. Updated. Also, offering this Google Form as another method for making score submissions to this thread. You can continue to make posts here as well, but I wanted to try out the form to see if it helps streamline the data entry process.

15. I got in touch with Stacy and she says she first maxed out about four years ago, and maxes about once a month. She also sent me photos showing her scores. :)

Last edited: 5 Mar 2020
  16. I did get a photo of an endscreen from Stacy, so I added a score with no level/line information. If you happen to have a score that indicates an earlier level/line, let me know and I can get it added. I'll also ping her to let her know about it.

Rory76 likes this.
  17. Well, I am Maxout player no. 113 now :)
    Name: Mark
    Score: 999999 (1.045.060 with post calculation)
    Date: 10th of March, 2020
    Style: Hybrid
    Played on Emulator (Nestopia)

Raul1138, Rory76, Atze-Peng and 2 others like this.
  18. No new record — I just want to show the beauty of the RNG-Troll.

rng.png

The difference between T and O pieces are just fabulous.

19. 77, 66, 99, 88.

Impressive. lol