Records: [NES] 18>19 transition records

Thread in 'Competition' started by wasmachstdugern, 14 Aug 2014.

1. Muf

Muf

Somebody noticed!

2. for what it is worth i love it!

3. Thanks for the response Ben, I am a big fan of your play. I got an 18 to 19 transition of over 600k, starting on level 9. Of course I blew it right away, but it was still a personal accomplishment. If my math is correct the transition score should be a 608,806.
    Video here: http://youtu.be/AITFcqxMQBM

4. i updated the list and tried to link the appropriate games (i know it isnt up to kitaru's standards but it works). if you guys have other links to video or want things updated lemme know.

bo and matthias do you have a video for your records?

5. I have posted in the main thread a tranny of 623k. No video, though. And never will be. I am not *good enough* to break that record :p

6. 639646

Looking for a six-out, but no.

7. Looks like you improved on your previous best, great job!

8. Got a new transition PR today, 624,441, this time starting on level 18. I ended up with a final score of 736,981 which is my second highest score and 3rd time over 700k. Last time I got a 600k+ transition I died like 4 lines into level 19, so at least this was better, but I was still disappointed. I need to put together some better level 19 play with a high transition and get to 800k+ already.

Video below.

9. Amazing tranny AaronC.....you could very well be the next one to max this year if you get enough 19 practice.....

10. Thanks David for the words of encouragement. I spend most of my time now practicing on level 19, so hopefully I can continue to improve. I am getting better, but I always tend to make some dumb mistake that quickly ends my game.

11. Hahaha.... Terry in your attempt to call my username a penis you may have missed the sequential ranking. 5 and 6 should be reversed, no?

12. For what it's worth, I racked up this one a few months ago. The math should make it 642,611.

Transition Record.JPG

13. Impressive transition, nice job. How did things go the rest of the way?

14. If I remember correctly, it went something like this: transitioned, saw score, shat pants, run ended.

15. lol, I know that game very well!

16. I mentioned this one on the first page, but nobody put it in the list. I now have video, so it should be more believable. :)

Again, someone please compute the score - I'll await what the final result is.

The embed video is a cool improvement by the way. And one last thought - it appears that any high transitions are doomed - so if you want to max out, make sure your game is only going 'ok.'

17. Looks like 663,047, nice one!

18. well done, kat! updating ye olde scoreborde.

19. I can't believe I'm just noticing this now, and maybe it's been discussed before... it's interesting to see the major differences in color settings on people's tv's. Terry and some others have the level 18 blocks looking orange and light blue, where other tv's, like mine, have a darker red/blue for 18. I'll be interested to try changing the screen brightness tonight, and see if any good/bad things happen.

Anyway, I was mainly coming on here to say - don't forget to add Ben C to the list (BDCowe).

20. Not that it maters much since I'm in last place, but could you also update mine? I improved to 624,441 as shown in post 28.