Meeting in Waterloo

Thread in 'Locations & Events' started by colour_thief, 27 Apr 2008.

1. Ai

Ai

Thank you for the invitation colour_thief!

Too bad I need to attend school and everything. But maybe in the near future when I get better at Tetris.

For those attending: Have a nice time!!! ^^

2. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

to be sure you got it c_t :

Code:
    Arrival :

Waterloo university : May 7th at 11:25 pm

Departure :

Waterloo university : May 12th at 09:00 am

3. it is a long shot, but maybe. i'll look into it [​IMG]

4. Did I mention there was free beer for people who can hum a brandenburg concerto?

5. hahahhahaha i hear there is going to a "Win a Ti Machine" raffle on the last day

6. the trip would cost about 150$, leaving from madison nj. is anyone else in that general area interested?

7. With just a few more weeks notice, I would have been up for this [​IMG]

8. Sorry Taratang. [​IMG] Amnesia is doing some some summer studies in Canada and only just found out his schedule, hence the last minute-ness. We might do this again in August though, possibly. If that happens we should be able to give several months of notice.

9. Altimor

Altimor a.k.a. Ghett0

Hmm.... With several months notice I actually might be able to make it.

10. I've got 2 weeks of leave scheduled from July 28th to August 9th. I was intending to go to a family reunion in Wyoming, but that's only scheduled from July 30th to August 1st. If it's early August then there's a high chance I can make it.

11. This would be a meeting... I wouldn't be running a Tetris summer camp. I've got to honestly say that the idea of hosting a 9 year old is a bit creepy to me.

12. kiwibonga

kiwibonga Unregistered

The creepy part is that he's actually 40 years old. [​IMG]

13. mfm005

mfm005 Unregistered

+1

14. Altimor

Altimor a.k.a. Ghett0

I know, but with summer break and all my parents could drive. I asked them how much a plane ticket cost but it was a lot of $$$, so I just supposed I could wait until next time, which'll be on summer break for me.
    I guess.. but I really wish that you wouldn't care about my age that much.

15. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

By law, some people have to care about your age.

16. Altimor

Altimor a.k.a. Ghett0

Screw COPPA. >_>

17. Exactly. I'm picturing a 9 year old going through customs at the border. "Where are you going?" "I met this guy online and he invited me to his house to play video games. We're going to videotape it!" [​IMG] Next thing you know there are horsemen knocking at my door to deliver some "Canadian Justice". [​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

19. jujube

jujube Unregistered

and he ain't talking about UMA.

20. DeHackEd

DeHackEd green Gm

Buahahaha! Oh I laughed.

Even so, there's other issues. I'm fairly certain your parents wouldn't allow you to go visit strangers - certainly not across the border. I've been on the internet longer than you've been alive and I wouldn't let my own child anywhere out of my sight in a situation like that.