Lockjaw: The Tetromino Game

Thread in 'Discussion' started by tepples, 13 Jun 2006.

1. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

Did you try changing this?
    [​IMG]
    Keyboard players might want to turn it on.

It goes 1, then wait 10 frames, then 10G. Perhaps you might want to try binding a key to the instant left or instant right macro.

Look for the word "dasSpeed" in src/ljpc.c.

2. Thank you very much tepples.

You see I have a tendency of not looking into a situation before asking how to fix it; in case you have'nt yet noticed. [​IMG]

Thanks, again

- Jono

P.S currently working on a 44 second 40 line vid.

3. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

also if/when you change any values you have to recompile it, it willnot just change it.

4. tepples

Good job Jono!

Now that a lot of options are being added to the menu, would it be a bad idea if I made the menu scroll?

5. nice run jono

6. Thanks alot guys [​IMG]

tepples: I personally am not a big fan of a scroll menu, but its really up to you. I think smaller text would be fine

- Jono

7. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

a scroll menu might not be back, you never know tho

8. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

9. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

ok now version .11 for os x works no noticable bugs, and i was wondering, who plays lockjaw? who plays tetris on the pc/mac? and who is interested in playing tetris on the pc?

10. tepples

So I guess you should have no trouble porting LOCKJAW version 0.12, available from the LOCKJAW page.

0.12 (2006-08-13):
    • Creates lj.ini if it doesn't exist, instead of crashing on startup.
    • Added half-size Aver16 font.
    • Zero gravity (as in Baboo!) + Zangi hard drop = land and lock, instead of just sit there
    • Option to use classic (Game Boy style) or step-reset (TGM style) lockdown instead of move-reset (SRS style) lockdown.
    • Now contains connection tables for all pieces. Not used yet, but will be used for Cascade (where gravity is based on shapes of pieces), Square (which forms big squares only out of whole tetrominoes), and Bombliss (which doesn't place a bomb between two blocks in a piece).
    • Pieces can now carry bomb blocks within them. Not used yet, but will be used for Bombliss.
    • Option for sticky gravity. This will also be used for Bombliss.
    • Options rearranged: game on top, control in middle, view on bottom.
    • Options menu uses a smaller font and scrolls if necessary (but it's not necessary just yet).
    • Zero isn't wider than other digits in the large or small font.
    • Split debrief screen into debrief.c.
    • Debrief displays lockdown and line clear gravity type.
    • List of options in debrief is written with smaller font.
    • Config screen does a better job of ignoring simultaneous presses on USB joystick adapters that map the Control Pad to both axes and buttons (such as EMS USB2).
    • Main menu and options always respond to the arrow keys (in addition to the keys set in Game Keys), allowing players to reset Game Keys even when the keys have become corrupted.
    Good question.

11. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

version .12 upload and running on os x.

12. I play lockjaw.

I also play many versions of Tetris on PC more so than other systems. Cultris is the only online version I play at the momment, but my internet and CPU is currently down.

http://cultris.ath.cx/external/cultris/index.asp

- Jono

AKA: M.Bison

13. Great, now it it almost makes sense to play the TGM mode.

The new pieces look rather Quinn-ish.

I like how you can move the playfield, making it easier to use a custom background.

There seems to be problems with the music in the OSX version.

14. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

oh lol i forgot to take my new pieces out when i uploaded it! gonna fix that lol... and they are sposed to like quinnish btw that was the point of the skin

15. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

after watching jp01309 44 second 40 line run again today. i desided i really liked the way his lockjaw looked. so i made my own.

[​IMG]
    download it <a href="http://www.arrogantintellect.com/background.zip">here</a>

16. tepples

cdsboy:

If you can upload the Quinn style pieces in either .png or .bmp.zip format, I'll include them in lj-contrib for v0.13. And is it OK for me to include your jp01309 style assets in lj-contrib?

17. Thanks guys glad you like that style, I find it easyer on my eyes. Oh and please call me Jono I hate that user name its just my initials followed by a numerical keyboard mash [​IMG]

Anyone up for a game of cultris?

- Jono

P.S

Made 40 lines in 42 seconds. (no vid yet)

18. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

sure thing jono, tepples in the future fell no need to ask to include the stuff you may always do so. and i will upload the quinn style as soon as my brother gets off my laptop. oh and jono i'll play but you'll kick my butt unless you can tell me how to get my gamepad to work with that game

19. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

i just had an idea. i think it would be cool since there are now a few differnt block styles and a few differnt backgrounds, to impliment a option in the options menu that looked in the folder "blocks" and read the names of the bmp's in it then let you choose which one and the same for the background. i don't think it would be hard to impliment and it shouldn't be a problem to port to os x. or you could make a folder called skins and have it look for other folders and in the folder you can have a .txt file saying the name and the names of the pictures, then you can make an option in the options menu that lets you choose the differnt skins.