LockJaw Testing

Thread in 'Discussion' started by virus, 24 Apr 2008.

1. virus

virus Unregistered

Hello... Ive been testing lock jaw for the last couple of days and ive been testing the clearing 40 seconds game , at first i found the theme kinda odd because im not used to it and missdroped to much but i managed to play my way around it , i did various 32 , 33 seconds , and 27-28 seconds seconds , i didnt knew there was an option to record till like 4 hours ago... so i recorded one in 32 secs , ill try to do one in 27 again when i have time [​IMG] you see some black flashes between the video its because in the playback i was gettin msg'ed in msn :/ but i kinda deleted those little scenes with windows movie maker. I refilmed the original recorderd copy with camstudio [​IMG]
    you can check the video here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmOHewl87G4

i would also like to know if im atleast in the top 20 winlist

2. Maserati

Maserati Unregistered

Congratulations, you are basically rank 1 right now. There's a Record Section of the forum where you can check other people's score to see how you are doing. I'll catch up soon enough. [​IMG] You are my idol. Playing at 200+tpm in less than a week... amazing.

3. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

Congrats, that's very impressive adaptation. I look forward to seeing a game under 30 seconds.

Hey Ghett0, you still up for that game you promised virus? [​IMG]

EDIT: Oh and by the way, you can change the themes. Here's a list of some.

http://www.tetrisconcept.com/wiki/index ... kjaw_Skins

4. virus

virus Unregistered

Thx Both [​IMG]

5. virus

virus Unregistered

ah , and for the themes i want one just like tetrinets , or atleast similar , because in JL , the blue block and another one i think the yellow one are different , and i get confused sometimes :/

6. impressive play virus! welcome to the board [​IMG]

7. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

I don't think we have a TetriNet one available right off the bat but it's very easy to make one. You might want to refer to this guide.

http://www.pineight.com/lj/README#skin

Or perhaps if someone (you know who you are) feels up to the task, maybe they'll create a clone for you.

8. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

Oh and just for some clarification...if all you want to change are the block colors, you can easily modify the existing themes with a graphics editor.

9. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

On an entirely different notice, I added the score from your video onto the LJ Records 40L board. Feel free to post your 27-28 seconds from ljscores.txt if you'd like. Though we'd recommend replays, we don't really require proof as much around here and go by the honor system (though there are some exceptions apparently).

10. virus

virus Unregistered

thx , and no , i wont post the 27-28 scores from .txt , i know you trust each other and all that , but .txt is easly editable , and i dont want people to doubt my skills or what i did, so whenever i do the 20's again , ill make sure is recorded. [​IMG]

11. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

Thats a wise idea considering the growing scandal around here. Although you've given us no reason to doubt you.

12. disable aim before you record.

13. I'll see what I can come up with (I've never played Tetrinet before). But note that whatever I create will take some time to be available for download (it will be pending a future version of LockJaw that re-adds the playfield position options and such that were removed after LJ v4.1).

* @Virus and @All *

A small note about all of my skin and LJ goodie download links (as well as the all of the gobs of other files and content of my other various web pages/sites):

Unfortunately my server has been down for almost two weeks. A buddy of mine (who lives in another part of the country) graciously provides me with the server/space, and I rarely stay in contact with him (which I REALLY *SHOULD* do, in thanks for the server space he allows me to use).

I haven't been able to contact him for almost two weeks or so now, sent and email to him as well as PM at another message board that he frequents, but have yet to receive a reply. His job requires a strange work schedule, so I'm thinking he may not be home at the moment... hope he is soon, as I'm "jones-ing" for my server space that he provides for me <LOL>.

Anyhow, all of the file links and most of the content in any of message posts here in the forums (or from my main web site - http://www.richnagel.net ) will be broken until the server is (hopefully soon) back online (fingers crossed).

14. Ai

Ai

Impressive virus. Looking at that video makes it seem so easy.

Welcome and may I ask how long you have been playing tetris and if you use a keyboard?

Also I was wondering if someone could share with me his/her keyboard game keys or a file with such settings?

And can anyone explain to me what TAS'ing is? Well I know it's some way of cheating, but can anyone give more details?

15. Muf

Muf

I have two layouts, between which I switch regularly to increase flexibility for when I buy an arcade stick:
    ? (Up), ? (Left), ? (Down), ? (Right), Z (A), X (B), C (C), Shift (D), I'm the strongest using this layout, and it's what I play with in multiplayer.

W (Up), A (Left), S (Down), D (Right), Numpad 8 (A), Numpad 9 (B), Numpad + (C), Numpad 0 (D), this is my "arcade" layout, with directions left-handed, and rotations right-handed.

A TAS is a Tool-Assisted Speedrun. Usually this means someone is trying to see how fast the game can be played with superhuman abilities; it often involves slowing down the game or playing it in a frame-by-frame fashion and abusing bugs or glitches in the game to progress faster. Sometimes it is used to play above one's natural abilities, and trying to pass it off as real gameplay.

16. Zaphod77

Zaphod77 Resident Misinformer

An honest TAS is an exploration of what is theoretically possible.

They can be very entertaining to watch on occasion.

http://tasvideos.org/

Someone who uses such techniques, and then passes it off as normal playing, is a cheater.

17. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

18. A proper TAS takes a great deal of effort. If someone is submitting TAS scores here, they are probably just going to do something simple like play the game at half speed or something. Unfortunately TAS is something of a blanket term that encompasses both "exploring the theoretically possible" and "cheating".

19. Zaphod77

Zaphod77 Resident Misinformer

i disagree. if its not marked as a TAS, it's not a TAS, it's cheating. there is no overlap.

20. Ai

Ai

Thanks for sharing your settings. I'll try to check it out tomorrow.

Also thanks everyone for explaining about TAS!

WOW. That TAS movie is crazy. Too bad they didn't show the result screen. The TPM must be insanely high. O.O