list of current relevant tetris games...

Thread in 'Discussion' started by paul, 11 Oct 2008.

1. i want to know all the current most played tetris games for these platforms. information about online multiplayer capability is also desired.
    ill edit this post as the thread gathers more information. plz contribute.

pc
    - Lockjaw (awesome training tool with a wide array of customizations)
    - Heboris UE/MINI (longtime clone of the TGM series with a lot of features)
    - Texmaster (great TGM series clone)
    - TOJ (popular with Japanese TDS top players and gaining ground on this board)
    - Cultris (I'm sure there's a crowd for this and it's a pretty neat multiplayer game in general)
    - Tetrinet (probably still a crowd for this. Maybe someone will speak up for it)

mac

wii
    - tetris party

nintendo ds
    - tetris ds (heavily played online tetris from nintendo)
    - tgm ds (homebrew tgm clone with online ranking)

xbox 360
    - Tetris Splash (first guideline game to implement several high level competitive features)

psp
    - TetriAbetes (homebrew and probably the only tetris fix on psp)

mobile phone
    - tetris pop (fun collection of creative minigames based on tetris)

contributors: digital, LANAsiDOOG

2. Muf

Muf

I think you're better off rephrasing that into "dont list unofficial clones" if you don't want to get into a flamewar about what qualifies as obscure and what doesn't. That's probably what you mean anyway, right? I personally think you're also on a very slippery slope when you say "relevant". Actually, this whole thread just seems like flame bait to me.

3. So, you mean it looks like a cycle post right?

4. He did list NDS TGM and that's more obscure than, say, Texmaster 2009.

Texmaster 2009 works on the three major operating systems and that alone makes it far from obscure - and highly relevant.

5. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

You might want to define what "relevant" is. Popularity, quality, what (only) TC people play, etc. ?

6. i dont see how this is flamebait. u can let all your hate go into this thread though. i dont mind [​IMG]
    i can remove tgm ds when no one plays it...did it go under? i thought it was fairly recent and the only other tetris game on ds thats important.

and what platforms is texmaster 2009?

relevant means: many ppl play it, its not very old (less than 5 years), its not a bad tetris game.

7. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

Well, I still think the terms are kind of vague but I'll just go ahead and list some stuff.

PC:
    - Lockjaw (awesome training tool with a wide array of customizations)
    - Heboris UE/MINI (longtime clone of the TGM series with a lot of features)
    - Texmaster (great TGM series clone)
    - TOJ (popular with Japanese TDS top players and gaining ground on this board)
    - Cultris (I'm sure there's a crowd for this and it's a pretty neat multiplayer game in general)
    - Tetrinet and its incarnations (probably still a crowd for this. Maybe someone will speak up for it)

X360
    - Splash (first guideline game to implement several high level competitive features)

8. ok great start. thats a lot for pc.
    ill keep the descriptions too.

seems like psp and ps3 have no tetris games at all!

9. LANAsiDOOG

LANAsiDOOG Unregistered

TetriAbetes for PSP
    not sure about ps3

10. Muf

Muf

I take back my words cycle, sorry about that.

11. Texmaster and Heboris both work on Mac OS, under the right conditions.

PS3 runs Linux, and therefore any Tetris game that runs on Linux. This includes Texmaster (although I'm not actually sure if it runs on PPC linux or if it's intel only) and arcade Tetris games emulated in MAME.

Why does a game have to be less than five years old to be relevant? If people still play a version widely, I'd say it's still relevant, no matter how old it is.

12. its fine. when many ppl still play a 5yo game i will add it to the list.

not too sure about the linux thing on ps3...i dont think many do that.

hexmaster and heboris need intel processors on mac..right?

13. The Mac version of Texmaster needs an intel processor, yes, but the Mac version of Heboris actually runs better on PPC.

14. sihumchai

sihumchai Unregistered

Bah, you didn't list one great variant [​IMG]

PC - DTET

15. Muf

Muf

I doubt there's a lot of people still playing that. I couldn't even get the game to run.

16. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Unregistered

Um, hello? Tetris Zone for Mac?