L2Stack 1.96

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Quad, 5 Feb 2008.

1. With no spawn delay on the pieces it was nearly unplayable [​IMG] (at least with ARS rotation). I never managed to clear 40 lines in that mode myself. It seemed like a useless option so I removed it.

2. Time for an update:

Code:
    Version 1.95
     * Added option for smooth moving pieces.
     * Added new game mode "M Roll" which simulates the M Roll of TAP/Master.
     * Added scrollbar to menu screens which otherwise would overflow.
     * Added DAS speed option to the Sprint menu.
     * Added hollow ghost rendering option.
     * Added option to disable ghost piece.
     * Added option to disable clear animations.
     * Changed some of the GUI graphics.
    Download it here.

3. I have made an AI for L2Stack now. I am still fine-tuning it but I'm hoping to get some feedback for it so a download is available here if you have the inclination to try it.

4. Found a very small glitch (probably easily fixed).
    If you fail the M roll, the M shows up like its supposed to, but it still shows if you choose another mode.

5. Cool game. Just tried it for the first time. I will follow the development of this game. =)

Ballt att se att du r svensk ocks. ;P

6. Inte s mnga svenskar hr, nej [​IMG]

7. There is a bug in the latest version of L2Stack. The M-Roll should last 61.50 seconds, not 60. I completed it last night and it currently lasts 60.01 seconds.

I'm really excited about this game! It runs well on my school computers and allows me to train M-Roll, so I can play during free block even more obsessively. Thank you for making it, Quad!

8. Okay, people here told me it was 60 seconds. I'll fix that. And you must be a lot better than me, my best attempt is 50 seconds [​IMG]

9. Can't you run texmaster on the school computers too? [​IMG]

Also, Quad, I really like this game. My only complaint is that the default sound effects seem a bit too... flash-ey, and the 3rd rotation button isn't working for me at all. Also, I noticed that in Master, if you hold up you get 20G. This works a bit differently in real TAP.

10. Which key(s) are you trying to use as 3rd rotation button?

11. A new version including Tetris AI has been uploaded.

link

The MRoll duration has been changed to 61.49 seconds (could not make it .50 because of frame time round-off) and the MRoll rank "bleeding" is also fixed. The AI is not fully fine-tuned yet, but I feel it gives a fairly good challenge atm.

12. The L key. I use ESDF for movement and JKL(space) for rotation and hold (not WASD because I have an ergonomic keyboard).

13. Well that certainly is strange. I use the same keys (just replacing esdf for wasd).

14. Is this still in development?

15. Edo

Edo a.k.a. FSY

Sort of. Quad is aiming to release an Open Source version before the end of the year.

16. I pushed my code to Launchpad yesterday:

http://launchpad.net/l2stack

The first thing I need to do is set up autotools to build the project in Linux, and then to actually make it compile. There are some makefiles in there, but they only work with makepp. I don't know if I can compile it on Windows atm. I upgraded to windows 7 and installed the VS 2010 beta, so now is a good time for me to port it to Linux.

It would be great if anyone else wants to help with development. I will make a more proper announcement and accept contributions when it compiles in Linux.