L2Stack 1.96

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Quad, 5 Feb 2008.

1. They shouldn't have to be. They'll be in the system32 folder in Windows, and it should look for them there too.

2. I have all of those DLL's

My graphics card doesn't have much in the way of support for OpenGL (it won't run Cultris, WarSow or the like), but seeing as everyone else is getting a similar error, I'm betting that isn't my problem.

3. The problems some of you are getting is because the game was compiled to use different versions of a standard library called msvcrt90. The proper solution to this would be for me to make an installer which installs this automatically, or if you have this problem to download:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en

However I can compile this with another compiler to solve this in a somewhat "brute force" way, as I have done with the previous versions of L2Stack. Will update here after ive done that. Or you could just install the microsoft redistributable, it's "only" 1.7MB.

4. Even after installing what you just linked, I get the same error trying to run the program.

5. I second this.

6. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

Some of those DLLs are part of Windows or part of your video card's driver. In the command prompt, try these:

Code:
    dir /s /b %windir%\kernel32.dll
    dir /s /b %windir%\opengl32.dll

7. That is weird. :(

8. Bug report:

-ARS O spawns one column too far to the left.

-Grade notification pop-up no longer clears. It continues to obstruct the view of the playfield.

-SRS hard drop rows do not count towards rows forced in the scoring formula as they should.

-Grades seem to come a bit fast, so there may be some other oddities in the formula.

I haven't tested the netplay out yet, but I'll try to get around to that today.

9. Fixed

10. i'm in the same boat as ct

11. Muf

Muf

Okay, I've downloaded this cause I was interested in the netcode, and found myself playing the singleplayer mode instead, which was kind of nice. My comments (sorry if they've already been mentioned before, I was preparing this post before I checked what had been reported):

While I really like being good at Death mode (I usually don't get past level 40 or so), the timings must be way off for me to be this good. The lock delay seems way too long, (I have to manual lock or the game will feel slow), and there is some kind of initial auto shift if you use charging DAS. That is, I can jump over pieces in 20G by holding DAS during ARE. It feels a bit like level 400 in TAP. Screenshot time.

[​IMG]
    First: the well edge isn't red indicating that I'm playing Death.

Second: what's with the HUGE grade number obstructing my view?! As soon as I stack halfway, I have to kind of guesstimate where my pieces are.

Third: Death doesn't have grades anyway. Once you pass the torikan, you get M, and once you clear 999, you get Gm. End of story.

Some suggestions:

- You seem to have a really nice and high performance 3D engine thing going. You think you could make all the tetrominoes 3D objects, like TGM3:Ti does?

- You think you could make a clear distinction between which modes are meant to imitate TGM, and which are made to imitate TAP ? (by using different graphics and different line clear animations)

- Do you have any plans to make the TAP modes (like Death) actually accurate, as in, using a 6-roll randomiser instead of the TGM 3-roll?

- Would you be interested, now that we have fairly extensive knowledge of TGM3:Ti, in adding Ti game modes and rules, like Ti Master and Shirase with Ti-ARS rotations, and hold?

The reason I'm asking, is once you have these features down in singleplayer, adding them in online mode is just a matter of having properly extensible netcode.

12. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

Hey quad does l2stack use cross platform libraries?/is there any hope of a linux version?

13. Muf

Muf

Oh, and I forgot to mention in Sprint mode hard drop and soft drop are both locking. So you have the worst of both worlds: no zangi moves, and you have to be super careful soft dropping.

14. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

For Sprint, hard drop is a must for speed. Soft drop is what needs to be replaced with firm drop for really fast zangis.

15. kitaru and i just played and wow! how great. only thing is that the O spawned once-left, and the game desynced. keep up the good work!

16. I found that the preview was once left and the spawn was correct. Other than that, it seems to be coming along nicely.

EDIT: Ahh, Caffeine found the bug was not fixed in the cyg binary. It was, as I mentioned, half fixed in the msc build.

EDIT2: Caffeine and I just had some nice Secret Grade battles, haha. Even without garbage, we find a way to compete.

17. yep, i think we just desynced only once after that. couple of other things:

srs kicks wrongly implemented

in heboris, at least, when i hold down hard drop during are, it automatically hard drops when the piece enters

18. Yeah, it is the same with firm drop in the arcade games. The only input that doesn't get some sort of notice during ARE is a down input that was used to lock the previous piece. Otherwise, you can hold down during ARE to lock the piece on the frame it spawns.

19. Thanks for the feedback. Got some stuff to fix now :) Dont expect an update soon though. Swamped in schoolwork right now :/

20. Short answer: yes. L2Stack uses SDL, OpenGL and FMOD which are all, I beleive pretty well supported on most platforms.

Long answer: it will take a while. Im interested in Linux and use it at school. Been trying to compile L2Stack at school and it seems to work, but im kinda poor at Linux development and it's a kinda big learning curve.