Tournament: Kevcel's Tetris DS Tourney - HAYATE WINS - Videos added

Thread in 'Competition' started by Kevcel, 24 Feb 2009.

?

Who will win Kevcel's TDS Tournament?!

1. GFish

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  2. Hayate

6 vote(s)
    46.2%
  3. iphys

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. jujube

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  5. Kevcel [yeah right :P]

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Rosti

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  7. t-block

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Zemus

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. jujube

jujube Unregistered

Re: ''Kevcel's Tetris DS Tourney'' Officially started!

i would only recommend buying that if you're running Windows XP. the device is not supported by Nintendo anymore. the software was last updated at the end of last year and it worked on Vista, but as Vista is continually updated there's no guarantee of future compatibility. i got it to work on Windows 2000 with a little effort. it may be difficult or impossible to use it on Mac or Linux.

if anyone has a router that isn't officially supported for use with Nintendo products, it might be useful to google your router model and "Nintendo WFC". i was unable to connect through my D-Link router, but after changing the router's transmission rate it works great, and this doesn't seem to have any negative impact on my internet connection. i would exhaust the possibility of using what you have before spending any money.

if you've tried everything and nothing works, i think it would be a good idea to buy a router that's gamer-tested and recommended for use with an array of gaming systems (while taking connectivity and reliability into account). this would be a good long-term solution.

p.s. anymore, google, and internet are fake words.

2. Re: ''Kevcel's Tetris DS Tourney'' Officially started!

I am not sure how others fair with this, but the one that I owned kept getting very hot and was extremely unreliable. It had a good run at one point, but for the most part it was nothing but problems for me. I might have just received a defective one, but it really didn't seem to work out too well.

3. Muf

Muf

I run Vista and I didn't have any problems at all. I got the thing in the first place because my WLAN uses WPA, and the DS Lite only does WEP. Right now I've lent it out though, to a friend who uses her DS Lite a lot more than I do.

4. Re: ''Kevcel's Tetris DS Tourney'' Officially started!

another month to go. I got a new digital camera, video quality should be better.

5. Re: ''Kevcel's Tetris DS Tourney'' Officially started!

If you can shoot videos with the same quality as the videos you've made before, then I'll be one happy man [​IMG]

6. Re: ''Kevcel's Tetris DS Tourney'' Officially started!

Kev, how is this tourney going to be run? random seeds with best of 29 matches, single elim might be pretty easy, but if you wanted to make it a little more interesting (or longer) maybe you could set up pools or something for like a roundrobin, or even make the brackets double elim. Of course, having more than 5 people would be very nice also... Come on

7. Re: ''Kevcel's Tetris DS Tourney'' Officially started!

I'm glad you responded...a sign of life...I think/hope it's quiet here because people are still waiting because it's still a month away.
    To answer your question: I wanted to set up some pools first...finish it with elimination rounds.
    Loser aren't eliminated immediately, but will play against each other, etc.
    I think you can understand that I can't tell details at this moment, because I don't know how many players will participate.

8. Oroshizin

Oroshizin Unregistered

dumb question..

tds is a tetris nintendo plataform right ?

9. Ai

Ai

10. Oroshizin

Oroshizin Unregistered

Thanks AI

sad for me :< dont have a DS
    its too expensive on Brazil =x

why not organize a TOJ tourney? more ppl would participate

11. Ai

Ai

A TOJ tournament was organized late last year. We even had Japanese players who participated.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1254&hilit=toj

Sadly we didn't finish it. You could always create a thread and see if there's enough interest among the members for a new tournament. ^^

12. Re: ''Kevcel's Tetris DS Tourney'' Officially started!

I plan on entering this. I'll post my friend code as soon as I get home from work~

13. Re: ''Kevcel's Tetris DS Tourney'' Officially started!

Have you already thought about your screenname? [​IMG]

14. Re: ''Kevcel's Tetris DS Tourney'' Officially started!

Probably something like TC_AA734.

15. Re: ''Kevcel's Tetris DS Tourney'' Officially started!

you should layout the tourney rules. ignore the match ups and stuff. but games rules.
    such as, # days to complete yoru match, #of games to be consider a winner. how to report etc..

16. Re: ''Kevcel's Tetris DS Tourney'' Officially started!

Games will be played in ***2p mode. Handicap = 2. That means you may not agree with each other to use another handicap.
    ***There is 1 exception, see below.

--At the start, when it probably will be a group stage, rules are:
    1 set, first to 15.
    For group stage, people will have 2 weeks to finish their matches.
    If a person doesn't finish all his matches, then all his games are considered as a 0-15 lose.

--After group stage, there will be elimination rounds, rules are:
    Best of 3 sets, each set first to 10. [I'm also considering about first to 15...but that might be too long?]
    For each elimination round, people will have 1 week to finish their match.
    If a player doesn't show up to play within this week**, the opponent offcially wins.
    ** If you can't play within this week, you must contact me. If there's a good reason, I might be able to arrange another date.

--Final, rules are:
    Best of 5 sets, each set first to 10.

-- Rules of loser brackets will be determined later.

--Players must report the results by sending a post at this topic. Both players must post the score of their match, as confirmation. If only 1 person posts the score, I consider that score as true.
    [Do NOT be a D*CK by telling a lie about the score...if this will happen, I consider that person as an enemy and NOT welcome at TC [​IMG]]

When the schedule has been made, I shall discuss with you which matches will be filmed, zemus.
    For the players who will be filmed: Communication is important, because:
    ***these matches will be played in 4p mode. There are 2 real players, 1 person who's filming, and the 4th person will be a volunteer to suicide. [​IMG]
    IRC might be the easiest place to communicate and find enough players. [If you don't have IRC, you can simply use the webchat at internet.]

If anybody has comment/questions, feel free to tell me.

17. ferko

ferko Unregistered

18. Re: ''Kevcel's Tetris DS Tourney'' Officially started!

Welcome to the Tourney, Ferko.
    I see it's your first post here...so also welocme to TC [​IMG]

19. ferko

ferko Unregistered

thank you for the warm welcome look forward to good play, im always around on AIM/IRC so anyone feel free to challenge to a game anytime. [​IMG]

20. Re: ''Kevcel's Tetris DS Tourney'' Officially started!

I guess I'll sign up if this is still a go.

t-block
    567032-679364

PM or MSN (the.t.block@gmail.com) is easiest for me. I guess I could pop on IRC once in a while too.