Jewelry Master

Thread in 'Discussion' started by colour_thief, 24 Nov 2006.

1. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

well after fumbling my way through the site, i've signed myself up. Its all downloaded and i am going to play it in a few minutes. Also would it be possible like needle did for anyone who understands japanese to post the updates here so people like me, who only know english, are not left in the dark?

2. cdsboy, I'll maintain the wiki to include everything you need to get started with future versions. The final release will be released in English (first, before even a Japanese release!) and though it hasn't been stated it sounds like it might even be free. Though I'd gladly buy this on day 1 regardless.

In terms of gameplay, nothing is directly changing. There will be bug fixes, such as the crash in the rankings screen when scrolling quickly. The scoring system will be changed "to stop lucky cascades from beating skillful play" (paraphrase). The order of precedence in the rankings screen may change (currently score is most important). Also, the ranking system is likely to be changed or even cut. The current grades were made by the programmer. Apparently:

M requires S9 at lvl 999 with at least 30% of cleared gems to be white.

JM requires S9 at lvl 999 with at least 40% of gems to be white.

Note this will be changing in all likelyhood, but that's the current system. The point of the game is to clear white gems (diamonds), so even if that isn't reflected in the current version keep that in mind when developing your strategy if you want your skills to carry over.

3. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

sounds great colour_theif. Also could someone please fill me in on how the clears are desided? I can't seem to figure out when my jewels are gonna pop or not...

4. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

thanks everything makes more sence now.

5. sihumchai

sihumchai Unregistered

lol.. I totally understood that. Was at work and.. yeah..

[Edit] Still waiting for my password tho [​IMG]

[Edit] dammit! Joy2Key here I come!

6. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

well i am guessing since its pretty dang close to the 30th they are updating it. Because i can no longer log in as of about 5 mins ago and the download is down....

7. naha, luckily i logged on before you. i'm still playing. [​IMG]

8. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

it wouldn't log my score on the last game i played. So i press esc and it logged me out.

9. Version 1.10 has been released, here's what I can tell changed:

-Grades and Time are gone, replaced with a mysteriously empty "Title" space.

-999 is now displayed as ALL in the rankings.

-Points are much lower overall, probably due to the change in worth of chain reactions.

-The manual is in English.

-There is now an annoying sound effect when pieces seperate.

-The crash bug when viewing the rankings screen is gone.

Did I miss anything?

10. There's an annoying sound effect when pieces drop when watching replays, it's not there when playing yourself.

Great game btw.. what are the odds of arika releasing TGM for PC aswell?

11. I had that sound effect listed already. [​IMG]

They'd love to release TGM on a lot of platforms and port their arcade games, but they aren't able to for licensing reasons. Blame the TTC if anything.

Oh hey, an English website.

http://www.arika.co.jp/arika_eng/download/down3.html

12. I thought you meant another sound effect, the one I have is only there on replays for some reason.

That's what I thought, and I guess that's why they're making Jewelry Master now..

I have ordered Tetris with Cardcaptor Sakura for Playstation since that's the only version I can legally play. I would totally buy TGM for any platform that I own (and I own quite a few, being a collector).

A friend of mine has a weird problem with JM btw, it seems the Z and X buttons aren't registering ingame, he can select difficulty with them but not rotate the pieces while playing.

Any idea what that might be? He had the same problem in 1.07.

13. I'm not sure what the problem is... Something is simply not working as it should. Impossible to fix since the devs can't reproduce it either. [​IMG]

14. Not impossible, but hard.. first they gotta find out what goes wrong. They could do so by releasing a debug version that captures debug data to a .txt that people could run and then send them the results.

I'm guessing there must be due to differences in the input detection code since Z and X works in the menu, but not while playing.

15. Post the specs man.

16. mat

mat

v1.12 is out

-placement of a few new arika logos

-new sound effects (got rid of the annoying cascade sound, now jewels and stones have different sounds when they cascade)

-hitting the red line now erases the entire field instead of the previous system with the flashy jewel and decision to leave all blocks or all jewels.

-title column in rankings now has data for top ten or so spots, although the formating is a bit off which puts nothing under level, the level under title, and the title to the right of the level.

normal titles:

Knight

Knight Of Masters

hard titles:

King

King Of Masters

death titles:

Death Knight

Death Knight Of Masters

Death Master

i imagine we'll see a few more of these show up in a bit. i haven't checked the scoring, but i believe the board is still here from the last release which would mean nothing has changed. i dunno, that's all the changes i see so far.

17. Wasn't that in 1.10? Or wait... Currently it erases everything. I think in 1.10 it erased all the blocks but kept the gems.

18. Nah, it erased everything in 1.10 too.

19. mat

mat

well blame ct for not putting it in his changelog [​IMG]