I played the Nintendo World TDS Champion

Thread in 'Discussion' started by colour_thief, 26 Jul 2006.

1. moxie101

moxie101 Unregistered

what's a perfect tetris?

2. jujube

jujube Unregistered

courtesy of Kitaru, this is a perfect tetris:
    [​IMG]

i think triforce is talking about the game tetris and not a 4-line clear. but when he uses the word "perfect" i think he means the same thing wolfsbro2 does when he says "fastest," which is:

1. the best i've seen because i haven't looked
    2. the best thing out there in my opinion, which people tend to disagree with
    3. the best that can be done according to my trivial criteria

3. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Unregistered

Isn't that called a Bravo?

By "perfect game of Tetris" I believe they're referring to the simple ability of doing nothing but 4 line Tetris clears over and over and not having to clean up any messes from a misdrop.

Something I feel that at the very least a third of TetrisConcept's userbase can do without any preparation.

4. jujube

jujube Unregistered

yes, but a special kind of bravo. Tetris God only makes tetrises comprised of 10 complete pieces.

5. And with a randomiser which is kind/screwed up enough to give you four pieces twice.

6. Everyone knows that Gods abuse randomizers! :p
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQvVjC3xr4M

7. ............

8. hahaha oh man, even worse than i thought =X

9. jujube

jujube Unregistered

ouch. even if he'd never played multiplayer before, a solo tetris world record holder should've done better than that. of course we know it doesn't take any speed to max out the score in TDS marathon.

10. Could someone please explain why he is wearing a Powerglove for the NES? Does it make him look cool? Give him extra 'tetris powers'?

11. He wears it because he's so... bad.

12. He's not a true Game Master without it.

I don't even know why you'd wear one to try and look cool. The powerglove was absolutely rubbish. I'd be embarrassed to let anyone know that I'd parted with actual money for one.

13. I've never seen one in person. When it came out when I was younger I wanted one... If I had one now at 31 years old, I think even my wife would give me strange looks...... well, at least stranger looks then what she already gives me...

So here's a little quiz...
    Can anyone name 2 movies that the Powerglove made appearences in??

edit: For some reason I didn't see c_t's reply...... If that's not a reference to one of the movies I'm thinking of, and you're just saying he's bad, that's a f'ing hilairious coincidence....

14. he visits SRK?

15. of course, how can he cheer all the people in empire arcadia without posting on srk?

16. The responses so far to that thread have been great. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

17. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

I can think of The Wizard, a 100-minute infomercial for the NES. The Power Glove in that movie belongs to Lucas Barton (played by Jackey Vinson), who loves the power glove because "it's so bad".

I suck at Super Smash Bros. Brawl; I can't even beat a team of three level 9 CPUs on stock. I play as Lucas (who looks just like Eddie from Little People, not like Lucas Barton or Lucas Cruikshank or George Lucas). Sometimes I repeat the Power Glove line when I win.

18. Muf

Muf

You're about 7 replies too late with that reference [​IMG].