I need some explanation...

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Amnesia, 23 Mar 2007.

1. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

[​IMG]

[​IMG] ???

2. mat

mat

what are you asking?

3. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

Here's the question:

For people who have reached 999 on TAP Master and earned rank S9, what is the most common obstacle to Gm?

4. mat

mat

well... all of the requirements are sort of equally impossible for mere mortals, but the insane time requirement is certainly at the top of the list, quickly followed by the invis challenge, and then those dastardly tetri. most common is definitely the time, as i'd say most people will be 10ish minutes at their first s9.

5. Amnesia, please explain that picture. Did you really finish with 8:30?? Or was there some cheating involved for personal experimentation? If you cheated... The M requirements are so fickle there are a million ways cheating could fail to achieve them.

If that's a real game, congratulations it's an excellent time. And the reason it's not an M would then be most likely the lack of at least 2 tetrises in each of the first 9 sections. Or possibly a single weak section time somewhere near the beginning.

6. K

K

What the...

ahh errr.... by watching the link of the image, it seems to came from a jap site, so not you... [​IMG]

maybe i should give a break to death mode, and try a little bit normal and Master again.... [​IMG]

7. Thank you matt for pointing out the obvious in Amnesia's Normal Mode thread. (D'oh!)

If you look at the address of each picture you can tell they are from some random Japanese player's blog.

8. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

ofcourse!!! Have you seen my score??

How can you imagine I could decrease my score by 1 minute???

I'm not a liar!

But sorry for haven't precised the origin of the different screens..

Actually my objectifs are modest, S8 in ~9min20 or S9 in 10min or more if it's necessary...(S9 in 9min20 and I would be the happiest man in the world.. [​IMG] )

The only thing I would know when I created this topic is why this guy is not a Gm ...

I was convinced the condition was S9 under 8min45 and anything other..

Please forgive me! I didn't want to make you believe that screen was from me! You know I 'm absolutely unable to finish the game under 9min..

Even with an extasy... [​IMG]

9. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

And you have surely noticed the game was not finish with the instant invisible challenge..

? [​IMG]

10. Amnesia... Unlike TGM1, there are many requirements necesssary to achieve M/Gm in TAP. If you meet all these requirements, then you are given the instant invisibility challenge. Pass the test and you get Gm; fail it and you get M.

Even though this player achieved S9 with a fast time, he failed some of the master requirements. Therefore he will get the fading invisibility challenge and a guarantee of no M/Gm.

If you want to learn more about the master requirements, I think you already started a thread on that topic. [​IMG] It is filled with information.

11. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

Was it this one, which inspired LJ's "Home Run Derby" garbage style?

12. Yes that's the one! Sorry Amnesia I thought it was your topic but I was wrong.