How many frames line clear delay in TDS?

Thread in 'Discussion' started by caffeine, 2 Mar 2008.

1. Anybody know for certain? Seems like about 30.

2. jujube

jujube Unregistered

whatever it is, it's too much.

3. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

I just tested it, and I think it's 40, at least in Standard.

I just recorded a short gameplay segment at levels 1 and 2. My audio editor's time ruler has a 30 fps mode, where each audio "frame" corresponds to two frames of JAMMA or DS video. But the way TDS's control is set up (slow DAS, no IRS) makes it difficult to cause a rotation event exactly as a new piece comes out, so I tried jamming on the rotation buttons as the new piece comes out. I could never get less than 20 "frames" (40 DS frames) between the start of the line clear sound and the start of the rotation sound for the next piece.

4. nice. thanks a bunch.

5. 40 seems to match what was written in the wiki, which was 667ms + 16ms per frame, so I think 40 is a good place to start. Does LJ still have that 1 frame delay per line cleared?

6. Do we know what handicap settings they're likely to use for the tournament? That would make a pretty big difference on how you should practice.

7. mhm, it certainly would. the last tournament was played on the easiest settings, but that doesn't mean they won't change it. i'll have to prepare for anything. heck, maybe i'll get there and they've decided to play the tournament on Tetris Kiwamemichi or something equally unheard of.

8. If the handicap settings are 1, then the garbage is retarded. The probability of the garbage hole changing column is pretty small.

9. matchbow

matchbow Unregistered

What's this tournament that you speak of?

10. i won a at&t tetris tournament (for phone tetris), they're sending me to hawaii to play in another tournament there.

11. Chaos

Chaos Unregistered

since the last tourney, we've brought it to their attention that parhaps a HC2 would be more appropriate, but untilk rules are actually set, its up in the air.