How is Cultris rotation system different from SRS?

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Red_Star, 5 Feb 2008.

1. Could you explain how Cultris and Tetris DS are different as far as rotation goes? I know it's off topic so if you want to move this to a new thread that's cool, but it looks like they have the same 4 rotation system so i don't get what makes them different. When i play Cultris using the initial positions in Tetris DS I can't do it well. I'm not sure if it's just me or if there is something about Cultris that makes it different.

2. okay, there're ten columns. in SRS: S, Z, T, L, and J initiate on columns 4, 5, and 6. in cultris, they initiate on columns 5, 6, and 7--which is enough to make me misdrop all the time and frustrate me into quiting cultris altogether.

SRS:
    Code:
    |1234567890|
    |  t  |
    | ttt  |
    Cultris:
    Code:
    |1234567890|
    |  t  |
    |  ttt |
    other than that, it's the same as srs except when the tetromino runs into something.

3. ohhh, that might be what's screwing me up. Ever since i've been playing Tetris games other than Cultris i've felt there was something odd.

4. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

that would be half the reason i missdrop so much. The other reason being that my computer seems to have a weird double click bug.