Help with adding T-spins to strategy

Thread in 'Strategy' started by phobophobia, 28 Aug 2006.

1. phobophobia

phobophobia Unregistered

Hi everyone.

I am a pretty fast, but not always efficient player with a rating around 7000. I am looking to add in double t-spins to my strategy, but I wouldn't mind advice about T-spins in general.

Currently, whenever I try to DTS it is usually in the middle somewhere and I end up piling blocks all over the sides, which leaves me open to attack.

I'd like to hear how all of you incorporate t-spins into your game and what I can do to more efficiently add them in mine (without completely destroying my rating hahaha)

Thanks.

2. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

Remember the algorithm for detecting T-spins: Iff at least three of the four corners surrounding the T piece are filled, and it hasn't moved left, right, or down (except in wall kick) since you last rotated it, then it's a T-spin.

Here's how to clear garbage with T-spin singles:

Code:
              J     T X      TX
              JJJ    TTTXXX    TTXXX     XX
    XXXXXX XXX => XXXXXX XXX => XXXXXX XXX => XXXXXXTXXX ->   XXXXX
    XXXX XXXXX  XXXX XXXXX  XXXX XXXXX  XXXX XXXXX  XXXX XXXXX
    _XXXXXXXXX  _XXXXXXXXX  _XXXXXXXXX  _XXXXXXXXX  _XXXXXXXXX

Z      X      X
      ZZ      XX      XX      X
      ZXX    T XXX     TXXX     XX
      XXXXX => TTTXXXXX =>  TTXXXXX =>  XXXX
    XXXX XXXXX  XXXX XXXXX  XXXXTXXXXX   XXXXXXX
    _XXXXXXXXX  _XXXXXXXXX  _XXXXXXXXX  _XXXXXXXXX

X      X      X
      XX OO    XX XX    XX XX    XX XX
      XXXXOO => T XXXXXX => T XXXXXX =>   XX XX
     XXXXXXX  TTTXXXXXXX  TT XXXXXXX  X XXXXXX
    _XXXXXXXXX  _XXXXXXXXX  TXXXXXXXXX  XX XXXXXXX

EDIT: fix glitch on third row

3. phobophobia

phobophobia Unregistered

Wow, those count as t-spins? LOL! That will add a lot to my game, definitely.

Can you show where the four corners you were referring to are? I can't really picture it.

Edit: Should I be doing this all the time, or only when it makes sense?

4. If the T piece was extended to a Plus piece, the 4 corners would make it a square.

5. cosmonaut

cosmonaut Unregistered

6. cosmonaut

cosmonaut Unregistered

also the link i just posted sets them up specifically to set them up. when i play i use them mainly when they are convenient to set up. i don't go too far out of my way to set them up.

7. phobophobia

phobophobia Unregistered

Thanks for the responses. I think I'm going to have to work on stack management and piece prediction before going too far with most of this. [​IMG]

(My speed is what usually makes up for my lack of advanced technique)

8. Sully

Sully Unregistered

Check out this thread over on the Nintendo forums.

9. Is that my thread? I can't go on NSider as this PC I'm using blocks certain sites, with forums beings something it blocks, though for some reason not this one.

10. Heh, my work randomly blocks this place for some reason. Not that proxies don't rectify that.