Help me! I'm living in nightmare..

Thread in 'Strategy' started by Amnesia, 23 Oct 2006.

1. it seems maybe you should need to make 500 before making 500 in 3:25, but since you ask: assuming you try to hard drop the pieces, your first section time should always be the slowest, at sub 50 seconds, and the rest you should try for sub 40.

2. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

3. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

I'd said there is one week ago, I abandon if I don't succeed to reach 450..

And The God of Tetris has noticed my unweave and he has decided to send me a sign..

NOW IT'S LV. 451 !!

I'm happy..I take my major part of pleasure at Tetris, when I can see an improvement..

4. mfm005

mfm005 Unregistered

5. Bon travail les gars!

6. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Bon OK mfm je m'incline..Facile pour quelqu'un qui peut jouer tout le temps!!

Pour moi c'est termin jusqu'aux prochaines vacances!!

Si je pouvais m'entrainer tout le temps il y a longtemps que je serai Master!! arggHHRRR [​IMG]

sorry for the french stage..

7. Why can you only play TGM during your holidays? That would suck. [​IMG]

8. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

I've no PC in my student home in le Mans..And I can't set my joystick on the school's P.Cs..

I can only practice in holidays!! [​IMG]

9. Hmm. You will be happy then if/when TAP gets a clone on DS. [​IMG]

10. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

There is another big problem colour_thief, I'm in second year of school engineer and it is..HARD HARD AND HARD!!! I suffer..

I can't totaly invest myself on TGM..even in holidays..

BUT!! Listen ! [​IMG]
    I will obtain a "grad of Master" in 1 and half year, maybe not with TGM but that will be a grad of Master!

It would be better if I have the 2 grad of Master.. [​IMG]...

11. jujube

jujube Unregistered

12. Ai

Ai

How many times did it not happen that I was stuck solving a problem. But then magically the next day I could do it with little effort. I've been seeing tetrominoes everywhere for a while. I did improve, but it's still a long way before I can call myself a good Tetris player.

The thread title and first post in this thread are very telling of the difficulty of TGM. Yes I knew it would be really hard, but to see how even the best struggled in the past scares me a little.

13. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

It is strange, I could say exactely the same words today..

It is the second time I struggle like that..Almost 5 months without any new record..

14. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

Maybe that's how I feel improvement without much effort after taking breaks. It's like unconscious conflicts resolve themselves after you have a good rest. That and it feels like I'm starting with a fresh slate rather than the frustration of not being able to beat my previous records.

15. You will improve Amnesia. You just need time and patience.

I honestly don't know where my huge recent improvement has come from, and I'm pretty sure I'll resume being stuck again soon.

16. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

I hope so much you are right.. [​IMG]
    Sometimes I think that everything is finished for me, and other times I continu to think that I will break my struggling period with 1 or 2 strong records..

That is strange, I really feel that my global skill is continualy improving.. [​IMG]

17. The thing is, you are at a barrier, just like you were over 18 months ago when you made this thread. Clear the barrier, and you can jump up 100 or 200 levels, because the difficulty isn't rising as steeply beyond it.

I suddenly go from struggling at Shirase 300 to locking at Shirase 300, and after spending a long time struggling to break 400 in Shirase, in a short space of time I go from 385 (and behind Bou) to over 500. Eventually something clicks and there's a big increase in ability.

This thread is proof that if you stick with it the improvement will eventually come.