Heboris #G4 and Texmaster special : conditions test

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Amnesia, 12 Mar 2008.

1. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Heboris #G4 Master (ti ARS) :

experience in 2 attempts :

My first test is not 100% accurate, but strongly enough I think..

Code:
             |   Attempt 1   |   Attempt 2  |
             |          |          |
    level      |    105     |    109    |
    Time       |   1:03:60    |   1:05:63   |
             |          |          |
    single      |    4     |    4     |          
    double      |    4     |    3     |
    triple      |    0     |    1     |
    tetris      |    3     |    3*    |
             |          |          |
    Section COOL   |    yes     |    yes    |
    Tetris COOL   |    yes     |    no     |
             |          |          |
    Grade      |    6     |    7     |

* 2 tetrises under lv 93, and 1 during the transition of lv 100

I have no doubt any more for Heboris now.. [​IMG]

Texmaster special ti :

Code:
             |   Attempt 1   |   Attempt 2  |
             |          |          |
    level      |    108     |    107    |
    Time       |   1:12:75    |   1:10:16   |
             |          |          |
    single      |    4     |    5     |          
    double      |    4     |    2     |
    triple      |    0     |    0     |
    tetris      |    3     |    3*    |
             |          |          |
    Section COOL   |    yes     |    yes    |
    Tetris COOL   |    yes     |    no     |
             |          |          |
    Grade      |    7     |    7     |

I apologize mushroom.. [​IMG]
    I just wanted to check by myself..

Conclusion : please erase at least my Global TI MASTER leaderboard which has no sens..

2. I probably should've pointed this out sooner, but just to drive the point home:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uuASlA1qpiY

Excluding the staff roll, he gets five tetrises in the whole game. He also never gets more than one tetris in any given section, yet he still emerges with MasterM.

3. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

I don't base my judgment about the conditions with this video..I don't trust it..

I think it is a special combinaison of little combos and t spin which automaticaly gives you the MM rank..

Seriously his game is to poor to honneslty get a MM rank..

Even the combos are ridiculous..

Seriously, I am still thinking about texmaster and Heboris, yesterday, I did a super game with every tetris COOL (if we admit the fact that tetris cool are counted as a +1 for grade on Heboris), on the 100-200 I did the 6 tetris and a maxi combo with the silver CO, and only heve been rewarded by a m1 at 693..Few days ago, I did a game less efficient with a m3 at 699..

I really don't understand..And more I watch the edo's m5, more I am sure the game is making fun of me..

I could bet that there is some random value which calculate the rank..

4. Zaphod77

Zaphod77 Resident Misinformer

It's the combos.

Combos stop the internal grade point decay while they are going, and long combo strings can seriously boost the grade points.

And once you have you stack up, at any given time, you can get a double from one of the snakes, a double from L or J, a double from the O, and possibly a double or greater from anI, .the combo multiplier can get pretty big. and if you END with a tetris, the grade points are huge.

he DID get a lot of tetrises in the staff roll, though. and that is probably what got him the rest of the way to MM

5. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

But his combos are ridiculous !!

I don't say that he is not a very strong player..

But he never performes combos over 3 hit.. [​IMG]

Invisible roll: 1.6 + (Tetrises x 0.6) + (Lines x 0.1)

Maybe this formula is totaly wrong..Even with 7 tetrises + few other lines the player can't get +1 for his grade..

Sorry zaphod77 [​IMG] I am still not convinced.. [​IMG]

6. Zaphod77

1.6+7*.6+7*4*.1=8.6

That's plus 8 grades.

That means he was at least 6 before the staff roll.

If he got every section cool, he only needed to be S6 to boost all the way up to masterm.

Tetrises are HUGE in the m-roll!

Each tetris is actually a full grade, because a tetris is 4 lines at .1 each plus .6 for the tetris giving you +1 grade each!

Do the math.

NOw assuming he got at least 4 additional lines beesides those 7 tetrises, that's 9 grades. He could have been s5. I think getting all the section cools triggered the m-roll.

7. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

WIKI :

So..It is urgent to fix things..

8. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

WIKI :

So..It is urgent to fix things..That should give 7..And not 8.6

So he was m7 before entering in the m-roll..

When I see what I have to do to perform a m5 on heboris with lot of tetris COOL.. [​IMG] And with more agressive combos..

EDIT : are you sure that the lines which have created a tetris are counted twice in the formula ??

9. Zaphod77

yes I am sure. lines = total lines cleared. the lines from the tetris count as lines cleared. He got 1 grade per tetris, plus 1 grade for each ten additional lines that weren't part of a tetris. THe lines are not double counted, that are counted only once, but the .6 for each tetris bonus is on top of the .4 for the 4 lines that made up the tetris.

The real question is whar exactly triggers the m roll?

I didn't realise he failed to clear. i thought he hung on barely.

Now, the reason your hebo grade is so low despite tetrises.

They most likely mistakenly apply the +1 grade from the section and tetris cool to the INTERNAL GRADE instead of the displayed grade. This causes the grade to be significantly lower.

10. I counted six tetrises during the staff roll, and 29 lines in total, which would equal 6.5, or six rankups. He got all section cools, which would mean his internal grade was either S8 by the end of the game, or it was S9 and a promotional exam really does have to be triggered for the game to give you Grand Master.

11. Zaphod77

So an internal grade of 29. i think that was possible.

12. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

The problem for me is not about his very good m-roll, but about the so poor game he did to get the invisible challenge..

Lot of people here on TC, are able to perform such a game..

Jago and DIGITAL can do far better than it, but they never got the invisible..

No need to continu trying to convince me..In 2010 I will be able to understand this video by myself.. [​IMG]

13. Edo

Edo a.k.a. FSY

I beg to differ. Personally I think this is one of KAN's most impressive performances; it takes real skill to deliberately avoid tetrises, deliberately not get any medals, and deliberately fail the staff roll at the last possible moment. I doubt anyone here could play a similar game.

14. I am stepping up to protect my friend who made that MM video. He's still superior to any of us. Ranking orange Gm in TAP Master. Ranking "Grand Master" in Ti Master.

The video clearly shows the truth: We don't know squat.

Until we know the real condition to a section cool, the original grade system of Ti is "unknown". Only one thing can change that, by disassembling Ti.

15. We definitely know more than squat, if that reverse-engineering job is to be believed.

16. Zaphod77

This is clearly an attempt to do the "worst possible" masterm performance.

I think if you transcribe the grade ups yourself, you will discover that it fits everything.

Here's a start.

First combo

40 triple

24 double

24 double

( 88 ) GP

then a single

( 98 )

And about 5 or 6 grade points decay.

dropping to

Combo number 2.

(grade up 1)

(4B)

And a single later

( 58 )

And about 8 are lost due to frames.

( 51 )

Combo 3.

(grade up 2)

( 24 )

and so on.

it's a pain to figure the decay rate, but i think if you pick apart the video, you will find the game doesn't lie.

He gets more then enough combos to have gotten the grade points, i think.

17. There is no internal grade in Heboris G4, nor are there internal grade points. That system doesn't exist in G4 mode. It's just three grade-ups per section:

-Tetris COOL

-Section COOL (works significantly differently than Ti)

-Avoiding a section REGRET actually ups your grade rather than not affecting it at all

So non-Tetris line clears are worth next to nothing. They don't even help to get section cools by advancing the levels more quickly, as G4 awards those based on the average number of frames per tetromino rather than section time.