Records: [Heboris] DOOM

Thread in 'Competition' started by DIGITAL, 8 Nov 2007.

1. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

[​IMG]

I can't believe it..lol

the same score !! but a bit faster..

2. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

[​IMG]

I was very close to beat jujube.. [​IMG]
    That won't be for this year..I am back on ARS and I won't come back on SRS before a while..

3. ST record: 200-300 in 22:01, 2.545 tps, ACE-ARS2. (The ST is artificially fast because I started with a high stack and ended with a low one.)
    [​IMG]

I've never reached past level 725 in DOOM, so all those are Devil-Minus times. On my other computer, I'm below 30 seconds on all of the first 5 or 6 sections, but Hebo doesn't discriminate between DOOM and Devil-Minus. No replay because I died just after 450 - unremarkable run, I was surprised when I checked my ST records.

4. [​IMG]

And the speed just keeps on increasing...the bracket pieces took me by surprise and I freaked out a little. I'll upload the replay if anyone wants it.

5. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Yes I want.

6. Ti-World 696 @ 4:20:70

7. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Your game is very interesting KB..
    We whould show it to everybody here..
    It show how easy it is to abuse of the move reset to survive even at +1000..
    It also show the eternel and infinite gap between the SRS and the ARS in term of difficulty and exigence

But it is not that easy, because I would do it otherwise..Trust me I suffered a bit to reach 853..

I really don't understand how you did this..
    I put mine if you want :

http://www.sendspace.com/file/603gii

PS : you should set the limit at 3:03 like the official TI..
    In the heboris.ini file.. [​IMG]

8. It's because your mind is set for ARS, and because Shirase with SRS settings isn't quite testing the same set of skills. I'd almost go as far to say that abusing the move-reset is a skill of sorts, and it's one that you most likely don't have.

9. Move reset abuse coming up!
    [​IMG]
    Replay

ACE-ARS2, Lv. 803 @ 4:22:40

10. Muf

Muf

Actually, I'd say that abusing move reset is something I've come to un-learn after months of playing ARS almost exclusively. I think the two main reasons are a) always going for the shortest route to placing a piece, and b) blocking off certain areas of the stack as candidates for stacking simply because they're impossible to reach with ARS. I actually have to consciously think "wait, this is SRS, I can actually put this piece over there". ARS with move reset probably wouldn't work for me, as I decide what I'm going to do next during lock+clear/are, and not during active time, so I'd probably still fail horribly due to lack of thinking time.

11. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

[​IMG]

Crappy session yesterday..It took me a while to get a score over 300, usely, I only need 10-15 minutes to be mentaly fine on DOOM..

I broke the torikan (at ~2:20) only one time but...Not too bad..

Is DOOM 600 harder than sudden ti 600 ?? I simply can not survive when I hit 600 on DOOM..

12. kapat

kapat Unregistered

Ti - ARS

[​IMG]

13. Not bad Kapat. Do you know what the Classic record is at Acme? I'm wondering if you guys will be able to claim soon or later.

14. kapat

kapat Unregistered

i'm not sure, i know ezz took a bunch of pics. one of which included my ulgy mug. when i go back there i'll write them all down or just take pics of all the high scores and throw them up here.

15. The top Classic record is m2. Kevin has already taken out the bottom record (S6) and I'm sure he has a shot at the second one as well (S7).

16. Yep. But I was talking about the DOOM equivalent (so Shirase). I haven't heard or seen anything about that record.

17. kapat

kapat Unregistered

[​IMG]

yay! i made it to 300!

it's ACE-ARSE2. for some reason i'm more comfortable playing with that then Ti-ARSE
    they're very similar but the leaning of the pieces are easier for me. i dunno.

REPLAY if you wannt tell me what i'm doing wrong.

18. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

It is absolutly normal, TI ARS uses the "step reset" and ACE ARS2 is exactely the same system but with the "move reset"..
    That means in TI-ARS, you have a constant lock delay value whatever you do, and in ACE ARS2, the lock delay is indefinitely reset after each move or rotation..

If you want to practice with a real game for men, play in TI ARS.. [​IMG]

19. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

Almost correct except that step reset does reset if a piece changes height.

And by the way kapat, it's ASS, not ARSE! [​IMG]