Records: [Heboris] DOOM

Thread in 'Competition' started by DIGITAL, 8 Nov 2007.

1. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

Code:
    Rotation: Ti-ARS 
    ================================================== 
    DIGITAL ---------- 679 02:56:91 183 01/03/08 

2. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

I would like to know if it is possible to pass the Torikan with this speed..

I think I have a problem of stacking at this speed..

So do I have to increase my speed ? my stacking ? both ?

DOOM 500 @ 2:45 -->

http://www.sendspace.com/file/owrgqk

Thanks !...DIGITAL... [​IMG]

3. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

To pass the torikan, I'm sure you know that you only have a little less than 30 seconds to spread across the 5 sections. Of course, you may play faster in the later sections to compensate for slower times in early sections. However, this is not the case if you are not manually locking from 300-500. Here's a rough guide on what time you should be at in each section if you are planning to not manual lock at 300-500.

000-100 : 00:30:00

100-200 : 00:58:00

200-300 : 01:22:00

300-400 : 01:55:00

As for how to accomplish these times, you'll have to adjust the way you're stacking. From the replay, I noticed a habit that can be very dangerous. You often try to avoid overstacking over holes and it ends up backfiring. The distraction pulls your thoughts away from keeping the field in a stable and mobile state. Overstacking is not always a bad thing. It can even be beneficial when used correctly. I have a couple of stacking theories that I'll share in the future when I find a concrete way to write them down.

And one last thing, DAS my friend. [​IMG] I'm sure this aspect will improve once you develop a faster ARE reaction. Consequently, you also won't miss IRS opportunities.

4. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Those advises are fun..Its make me think that it is like I had forgot the main theories of TGM..

That remind me when I play with a beginner friend who is watching my game, and sometimes he says :

-" hey why are you overstacking ??

You always teach me that it is bad.. [​IMG] "

-"argh.. [​IMG] Forget..when you will be as strong as me, you will can overstacking.. [​IMG] "

About the DAS and IRS ? What I can answer..

I SUCK I SUCK and I SUCK on DOOM !! [​IMG]

I am to bad !! my brain is damn slow !!!!

EDIT : thanks for the section time ! but I am not worried about that..

I try to improve my skill with manual locking until 500..So one day that will come..

5. I definitely agree that avoiding overstacking is something that should only be done as long as the screen is stable. Stability is the first priority, and you shouhld not hesitate to overstack if it is required.

Of course, a good player will see more options and can maintain stability more often, such as KAN's excellent use of overhangs.

6. Bou

Bou Unregistered

ARS mode :

7. Wait, I'm at 335?

I'd swear I've beaten 400 before now. Must have forgotten to post the score.

I'll find it tomorrow.

8. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

Just played some quick games to satisfy my Tetris craving and managed to get a new fluke record. Almost 200 TPM but not quite. [​IMG]
    Code:
    DIGITAL --------- 300-400 00:21:96 00:00  70 3.333 ARS 04/03/08 

9. Looking at records, it seems I'd imagined my run over 400, but after a few trial runs today, it looks easily possible if I don't lock over 300 (and play with a keyboard)

10. [​IMG]

Not over 400, but close. Should beat it reasonably soon. I don't get to play Tetris often nowadays, but when I do, it isn't usually Heboris.

11. ei

ei

Old news (sorta), but with a working encoder (I got a *cough* working *hack* copy of Camtasia, which worked very well for me until the trial ended--THAT problem is fixed now, though =P), I felt the need to encode and upload that.

EI's DOOM-799, in video form

Other than that, been training hard with TA-Death. I might come back and play a couple rounds of DOOM with both World and ARS to see how I do when I get sick of TAP, though.

~EI

12. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Code:
    gaby--------------- 186 01:34:--
    NoTGhost----------- 139 01:14:-- 

13. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

NoTGhost :

14. [​IMG]
    Yaaaa! :D

15. jujube

jujube Unregistered

grats Kitaru [​IMG]

DIGITAL: will you be accepting devil-quake scores?

16. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

"Doom"? "Quake"? Did I miss Devil-Duke3D? [​IMG]

What exactly is the difference between Devil-Doom and Devil-Quake? Wiki says Devil-Quake simulates Shirase and Devil-Doom also simulates Shirase.

17. Devil-Doom were based on old guesstimates of shirase, and Devil-Quake is apparently more accurate.