Heboris #4 Master and SP increasing

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Zeta, 28 Mar 2008.

1. Zeta

Zeta Unregistered

I'm completely baffled by this one. let me start with the end-of-game stats:

I have the replay for this very run on me (looks like it's a cheated one anyways, so I won't UL it right now), and I'm confused as to HOW THE [][][][] THAT ISN'T GM-RANK?!?!?!?

explanation, please?

2. Altimor

Altimor a.k.a. Ghett0

2:41:00? Well, it's because Hebo doesn't have GM in G4.

3. Zeta

Zeta Unregistered

I'd figure it'd at least go to 199 before stopping (which is... lemme look it up... MasterM, one below GM)

and yes, you read right: 2:41:00 [not counting invisible roll]

4. Altimor

Altimor a.k.a. Ghett0

You should submit that record.

5. Zeta

Zeta Unregistered

only reason I'm not: it looks like it's cheated.

then again, it may actually be possible to get 900+ I-blocks in a row.

6. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

I'll call this a TAS. [​IMG]

You didn't top out during the M-Roll did you? I'm sure Hebo lowers your grade for that.

Anyhow, check the rankings to see if it is an MM. There's a rare glitch that displays your grade as one higher in the rankings or maybe one lower after a gameover (Not sure which).

7. Zeta

Zeta Unregistered

meh, I tend to discard TAS's for competitive purposes. I mean, TA's artificially increases your performance beyond what is humanly possible (whereas "Tool-Hinderer's" as I call them artificially decrease your performance).

anyways, dug through my rankings (since whoever did it was using my compy - The replay fileinfo has my username on it) and, indeed, there is a "NOP" ranked MM with those stats.

...yeah, that's gonna bite for a while (for some reason, I can't reset rankings >.<), although I really wonder if GM is possible under the same conditions as it is on arcades - when it's the passmark for a Promotional Exam.

8. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

Try pressing C on the "PRESS START" screen to get to the ranking reset screen.

9. Zeta

Zeta Unregistered

it crashes. yes, I know about it from trying to change graphics.