Records: [Heboris] 20G-#G4 / Hebo Mini Master-Hard 20G

Thread in 'Competition' started by jujube, 13 Nov 2007.

1. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

2. eks

eks Unregistered

what expansion is best?

3. ei

ei

Nice run.

A bit off-topic, but I *love* the music/sound effects you have in the MO video. Is there any chance you could upload that? (even if it's just the sound effects for legality's sake, would still be awesome)

Also, I've ended up taking a large break--though seeing that makes me want to get back into gear...I'll play a few rounds tonight and see what happens. =P

~EI

EDIT: It seems like Heboris really mangled that replay, too--the pieces are using (Ace?)ARS graphics despite the rotation system being set to TI-World.

4. jujube

jujube Unregistered

eks - i made a new link on the first page. this one goes straight to the uploader. see how one of the new versions works for you.

5. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

I'm still refining the sounds as we speak, but i can send you a copy privately once I feel satisfied with it (unless you would prefer the incomplete versions). Also, it sounds so much cooler, crispier, and deeper than what you hear on the youtube video. My screen recording software seriously mangled up the audio.

As for the block graphics, I purposely replaced Ti-World's block graphics with Ti-ARS's block graphics. They just look so much better, imo. [​IMG]

Also, notice the subtle background animations. I think the hue changes look pretty neat don't you think?

6. ei

ei

Depends on how long that'll take, heh. I like how it sounds now, but I'm intrigued by the thought of improving it, heh.

Did you do all the sounds and music yourself? It sounds very professional and classy. I also like how everything feels like it's tied into that trance-y music (and feel). Now that I think of it, the music does tie everything together--will that be included? Hell, if it's copyrighted, at least tell me who did it so I can find a *ahem* way, hah.

As for the backgrounds, I noticed that, too. The hue changes were subtle, but it kinda helps tie everything in as well.

You should just release the backgrounds, music, and sounds as a whole Hebo-trance set or something. Charge people money or something (just make sure I get it for free for giving you the idea). =P

Anyway, on the G4 front, another few M3s that were a bit faster (sub 7 minutes), but clearly I should slow myself down and stack cleaner. You've got me by two grades despite a difference of 20 seconds, jujube, so clearly I'm pushing myself too fast. Bah to that. =P

Also...they restarted work on UE? I thought they completely stopped working on it once Hosiken pulled Heboris? I might have to check out the latest versions--does anyone know what's been improved?

~EI

7. jujube

jujube Unregistered

i wouldn't look too deeply into it. one of these times your grade will jump, and you won't realize what you did differently.

yeah, UE has been revived. the biggest improvement i've seen is how much faster the game loads.

8. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

No, I didn't make the sounds or the music. I just made some heavy modifications to existing TGM series sounds to make them sound even more out of this world.

As for the music, I used bits and pieces of several trance tunes I've been storing. I did speed up a tune or two to match the fast pace action though. In order, the songs are:
    1. Andromeda (Original Mix) - Kai Del Noi
    2. 92 Elements (Original Mix) - David Forbes & Mallorca Lee
    3. Nothing to Loose (Airbase Mix) - Jaron Inc
    4. Generate the Wave (Original Mix) - Dave 202
    5. Frantic (Original Mix) - Will Holland vs Six Senses
    [​IMG] I really just made this set of mods for presentation purposes. Never really expected anyone to pay attention actually. So for that reason, it'll remain somewhat private and supplied on a per person basis.

9. ei

ei

Ah, gotcha. Well, I'd still be glad to recieve a copy of that set if you're willing to distribute. I still say it sounds damn nice. =)

As for the new UE, the only thing I notice is a new mode select screen. It is pretty spiffy, though, to tell the truth.

Still nothing on the G4 front after a few more tries... Bah. Clearly taking a couple weeks for stuff like schoolwork was a bad idea for my TGM play. >_>

~EI

10. eks

eks Unregistered

finally got C7V4EX to work nice on my computer. Is it under 5min lvl500?

11. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

The torikan for 20G for every rotation system is under 6 minutes.

12. eks

eks Unregistered

Aha thx. thats not so bad then i did lvl500 on 6.20 something.

13. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

Ah so close hehe. You'll probably break it soon enough.

14. ei

ei

I'm on a roll today...though, as you said jujube, I have NO CLUE how I ended up with the grade I got. Equally amusing is my time which is .40 of a second slower. How in the hell did that happen?

Oh well. Improvements are improvements. =P

TI-World

Code:
    EIHoppe -----------M6   999 07:13:63 30/12/07
    ~EI

EDIT: As for the torikan, one thing that'll probably help you shave seconds off your time is setting section time goals--what are your section times under 500? A good time to aim for is ~1:20 per section, as that should get you under six minutes. As you improve, keep pushing that bar higher.

Another notable thing about the G4 grading is that the game will increase in speed if you play well (as far as I can tell, that usually seems to equate to "fast"), so if you can even get one fast section, the added speed can help you push yourself even faster. A good indicator is the music--if you can get the second G4 music at 400, or especially at 300, it's a good sign that you're pushing yourself at a good pace. If the music changes at 300, it means you've done as good as you can as far as increasing the pace of the game. Section times under a minute should be enough to push the pacing of the game and get the music switch at 300--that should be a good long term goal to pursue.

Keep pushing yourself, you're not far from that torikan. I expect to see good results soon. =)

~EI

15. Ti-ARS

Code:
    Mr. Antisocial ----S6   567  04:47:41 02/01/08

16. ei

ei

Okay, change of pace guys. I decided to do a run on ARS.

In effect...the armegeddon is here, run for the hills...or something.

TI-ARS

Code:
    EIHoppe -----------S5   695 05:54:25 02/01/08
    Of curiousity, how's the soundset going, Digital? (and, offtopic, but your Youtube name is DigitalDevil248. Are you a Shin Megami Tensei fan by any chance? Just curious...considering most of the games have subtitles of Digital Devil Story or Digital Devil Saga or the like.)

~EI

17. jujube

jujube Unregistered

updated. heh, didn't notice your post until now EIHoppe. nice game. and that's a good rank for 567 Mr. Antisocial. made a few tetrises did you?

edit: got your Ti-ARS score too EIHoppe. thanks for temporarily knocking me out of last place [​IMG]

18. ei

ei

Don't worry about it. I'll get that S6 and bump myself up. =P

Should only require another tetris or too anyway (t'least in theory...and/or I hope).

......Maybe I'm better off shooting for the section cool at 300 or 400 or something...I only got the first three section cools on that run.

~EI

19. ei

ei

Told ya so. (Not in the way I expected, though...) =P

TI-ARS

Code:
    EIHoppe -----------S8   595 04:47:68 05/01/08
    Somehow my survivability went down, but my grade went up. Oh well.

In other news, it's more the speed of the later levels that kills me more than anything else. I think if TGM1 had I-floorkicks, I could be a TGM1 GM today. Oh well, what can ya do? Not like I even have TGM1 on my laptop at this point anyway, and I don't feel like drudging up Google and going on the EPIC SEARCH OF DEATH... (not to mention I'm heading back "home" home tommorow and will once again have access to my tower) >_>

~EI

EDIT: Bam! On another roll!

TI-World
    Code:
    EIHoppe -----------M6   999 06:55:43 05/01/08
    No grade improvement, but I hit sub 7 minutes--and for some reason, got Heboris to switch the music again at 900...very odd.

Either way, I'm getting faster and more confident. Expect more grade jumps soon... =)