Hard Drop VS Tetrisconcept

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Amnesia, 10 Mar 2010.

  1. Anonymous

    Anonymous Unregistered

    the winner is tc, duh
  2. K


    Make me remind about this stupid guy i forgot the name playing tetrinet.
    actually Anonymous suit well if it's him, but why real anonymous are authorized to post ??

    PS : i have no negative point of view about Tetrinet or HD.
  3. I don't see any mass migration from there over here, so I don't really know what you're talking about, Anonymous.

    We seem to still have some sort of reputation as elitist snobs. Even though TGM and single player seem to steadily be getting more popular on Hard Drop, people still don't want to come here to talk about it.
  4. Zaphod77

    Zaphod77 Resident Misinformer

    I could be completely wrong, but anonymous posts are most likely enabled here to accommodate people who aren't comfortable giving personal info, like harddrop.com requires.
  5. Muf


    It's a bit of a mix and match based on ancient wisdom, the fact that we have powerful anti-spam software, and the desire to make Japanese users feel welcome (privacy and anonymity are a fundamental part of Japanese internet culture).
  6. Zaphod77

    Zaphod77 Resident Misinformer

    I thought it was mainly for the benefit of the japanese, but wasn't sure enough to come out and say it.
  7. The issue isn't that TC seems like a bunch of elitist snobs, it's that HD appears to be more than just a forum (and one where people can do things other than talk about tetris without seeming out of place, at that).

    This is something that an off-topic board would have helped with, but it still won't completely solve it unless TC gets a portal of some kind.
  8. Muf


    TC's off-topic board is IRC.
  9. Which, depending on your application of the term "IRC", is either devoid of activity or is effectively invite-only.

    I remember CT made the same excuse back when we were restarting the works, but the simple fact that I can draw from my time on HD is that most people don't really like to go on IRC if they can avoid it. Out of all the members of HD, we rarely see more than 20 in IRC at once, and that's a liberal estimate. People would much rather post in an off-topic board.

    It at least stops a new user from coming on the boards, seeing subforums that are about nothing but Tetris, and then thinking "Okay, this is a little too hardcore for me."
  10. Corrosive?
  11. amnesia where you at?!
    too afraid to get your butt kicked by me?

    merde de poulet
    ;) HAHHA jkjk
  12. Amnesia

    Amnesia Piece of Cake

    Sorry sweet heart..
    Where do you want to play ? We can try next sunday evening.
    Just remind me which support you use. Nullpo ?
  13. blockbox dawwggg
    or toj
  14. Well, I said he was getting better at administration, but this just looks like a really bad move to me.
  15. Maybe most of his members just don't care, or even welcome this kind of mindset, but for me this is just not an environment I would like to participate in at all. I mean, if you think about it for a second: Replying to some censorship concerns from users the day before with: "I will delete your posts, which question a moderating decision publicly." is just a joke. The constant technical hickups with the site etc. were ok, he just didn't know any better - but now he also totally fails on the basic "running a forum" front - enough for me, for now at least. :)

    I will try to only contribute here in the future in all things regarding Tetris and Nullpo, and use the HD forums as little as possible. I hope some more people (especially from IRC) will join me in this, and maybe we can even get a bit more life in here.
    If the maybe 5% of interesting posts on HD (the other 95% are just boring nonsense not worth reading most of the time anyway) come here to TC first, instead of HD, that's all we need I'd say.
  16. most of them don't care
    =/ i think the biggest draw to hd is the shoutbox because it's out in the open
    but besides that, the site's content and the way the moderators handle situations are very unappealing.

    forum activity isn't very high on hd.. especially in areas of tetris ~ sadly.
  17. What part of this dynamic sounds familiar...? Oh right, we mostly hang out on IRC. :)
  18. lololols yes but there isn't like a chatbox right on the front page
  19. It's true, people don't care to actually put in one extra click of effort for live chat, in my experience :p

    Also, the place where people *actually* hang out is, uh, not exactly open.
  20. Muf


    Meh, we could put a shoutbox bot in #tc but it sounds like a pretty speculative measure. I'd rather do something like that if there was an influx of new or old returning members and they all wanted it.

Share This Page