Good Tetris game for PC?

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Jan, 14 Mar 2008.

1. Jan

Jan

Hallo all,

some time ago I discovered videos of decent tetris players on youtube and they convinced me to start playing tetris. Thus I have now acquired Tetris DS and Tetris Zone and I love them both. Unfortunately it is necessary to be connected to the internet to play Tetris Zone and I don't have that possibility during the week. Are there any comparable alternatives which don't require an internet connection?

2. jujube

jujube Unregistered

tetris worlds has comparable gameplay and runs on Windows, but the modes are a little different and there are no leaderboards.

tetris worlds in the wiki.

3. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

Here are several PC alternatives that target the singleplayer experience.

Heboris

Lockjaw

Texmaster

I'm starved of time so perhaps someone else can give details on these clones and link you in the right direction.

4. Texmaster

Lockjaw

Heboris is also good, but there are different versions scattered all over the place, and uploaded in various places, so it's harder to link to.

Texmaster and LJ should satisfy any single-player needs though.

Any problems, look things up on the wiki, or ask in the relevant threads, and someone should be able to help.

5. Muf

Muf

6. Jan

Jan

Thanks for your recommendations.

Sadly Texmaster didn't work on my PC - probably because I have Windows Vista. I didn't like the design of Lockjaw that much (ok, Tetris is not a game you play because of its breathtaking graphics), but the gameplay appeared to be ok. Heboris looked pretty neat and was fun and I will very likely waste the next hours playing that. Tetris Worlds seems also to be nice, but I didn't find a version to download (only saw a video on youtube).

7. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

It comes from an other problem jan..

I make work Texmaster on my Vista..

8. Jan

Jan

I can start it, but when I press any button at the start menu nothing happens.

Btw: Lockjaw is very fun too.

9. @jan: you might also check out [MODDED] . its a bit like tetris worlds. it is a single exe download, so it should run right out of the box, no installation, no unzipping necessary.

there is also an online highscore list.

10. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

You need to change your key config.

11. Jan

Jan

From what I've seen so far it is really nice, I love the graphics.

Ok, I'll try that.

12. Let me also recommend Texmaster. It is easy to use, and well made.

13. When Texmaster says "Press any key", it actually means "press any game key", which are B, N, or M on default settings.