Goals for the Carnival

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Zircean, 25 Mar 2009.

1. Since I made Death 300 before the Carnival started, I'm shooting for learning how to play Death 300 so I can at least hit the torikan.

What're you guys going for?

2. ei

ei

Ideally, I'd like to finally get my M for the carnival. I've been playing on and off recently, and have made 400 a couple times, but still can't quite finish it out...

I think on a semi-related note I'm going to do the "live" recording again--goals for that would be relatively consistent results, such as at least 250 every game or something like that (I can do that, I've gone strings of 15-20 in a row in which every game was at least level 200, and strings of 6-8 or so with every game at least level 300, so it's just a matter of getting said streak when I *record*).

Can't pursue any of that until tomorrow, though, heh--it's only about 9PM locally, so I've got a few hours to wait yet assuming I don't go to bed early.

~EI

3. My target is to hit at least Death 600. My current record of 599 cannot stand! [​IMG]

4. My target...DEATH M!!!!

5. Oh, I have a secondary task: arcade stick practice. I don't have a set goal for that yet, but I would like to get some practice in. Unfortunately, I won't be able to play stick until I go back to campus where my PCBs for that are currently located. :s

6. I'd like to get M ten times with the keyboard and maybe five times with the joystick.

Would be nice to beat my current record too.

7. Like most people, I really hoping for a new record this week. Last year I wasn't able to play much so I'm really looking forward to giving it my best shot. I don't think I'll shave my time under 6:00 this week, but I'll sure as hell try.

8. Since I haven't played much TAP, my goal will be to consistently break level 200. (Maybe level 300 if 200 turns out to be too easy a goal). I might also try some arcade stick practice if my friend will let me use his arcade stick.

9. I've made it to 500 a few times in Texmaster, but my goal is to do it in MAME. After that the goal will be to get an SK medal in more than one section. Perhaps they should be parallel goals, though.

10. Goal: Death 500.
    Attained after like 25 tries, still don't know how I made that last line.
    [​IMG]
    500 @ 3:40:25

Lots of time to chop off til I make m.

11. I'm shooting for Death 500. Maybe with some 300 and 400 practice and lots and lots of luck.

12. no manual lock:
    -Consistently get to 300.
    -Consistently get to 300 with a clean stack.
    -Death 500.

manual lock:
    -Consistently get to 300.

also, learning how to avoid double-taps and triple-rotations for high-speed 20g finesse.

I think i'm going to continue my practice of alternating manual lock games with no manual lock games.

Also, whenever i get a "good" game, I'll record it and post a commentary.

I'll be keeping a log of every game, so that I can measure my consistency and improvement. This also gives me incentive to play every game to completion!

13. Ai

Ai

To start off I will aim to get over level 300 in TAP T.A. Death while trying to manual lock consistently till level 300. The time I target is around 02:30. Seeing as my current best is level 266 in 02:07:96 it should be possible.

I will also:

- practice level 300 and 400
    - switch to 3 buttons for once and for all
    - watch tons of videos, replays and read other peoples commentaries to improve my stacking and ability to correct situations

14. lgb

lgb

Wrong topic, but would anyone mind if I use Heboris-2001's "Devil" mode? Seems a good bit like Death here, even without all the TGM tricks (which Heboris-2001 was, of course, trying to avoid).

15. Death 400 is realistic for me. But I need to find time to play [​IMG] .

16. shooting for 500, and maybe (just maybe) M

17. Muf

Muf

Death 300, though I was actually focusing on S3 Master, but that'll have to wait till after the carnival.

18. Reach level 325. AT LEAST.

19. DeHackEd

DeHackEd green Gm

M on the real machine. I have 1, maybe 2, sessions with which to achieve this.

On emulation or texmaster, make 600.

20. jujube

jujube Unregistered

level 400, and hopefully level 400 under 3:00.