Girl of your dream looking for love

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Guest, 21 Aug 2006.

1. Guest

Guest Unregistered

wow... can someone direct me to some sort of spam filter extension or something. these are becoming too frequent.

/end mod edit

2. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

wtf, get out of here you faggot.

3. One created a whole thread!

4. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

Bad Behavior roots out spam bots by picking out characteristics of the HTTP headers they send.

The Humanizer is the simplest CAPTCHA in the world, accessible to even blind family members of tetromino game players. It blocks a lot of bots.

Or use rel="nofollow" on anonymous posts and new (<5 posts) users' posts by editing the handler for the element. Or censor specific word...ino", "block", "piece", "tgm", "rotat", etc).

5. sihumchai

sihumchai Unregistered

Get more mods.

6. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

I'm a mod on gbadev and nesdev and a sysop on Tetriswiki, and during some parts of the day I check this forum almost obsessively.

7. yeah the mod option. i don't really think the forum needs any, personally. it needed one when i went on vacation, so i temporary gave ct powers to kill spam.

the thing with it-- i've seen too many forums become authority-obsessed to the point where anything explicitly not on topic gets locked and all sorts of ethical and moral precepts become written in stone and enforced to death, which i find hinders discussion more than helps. i think a mod every hundred active posters is reasonable.

8. sixb0nes

sixb0nes Unregistered

I propose tepples be a mod