Fuck You, Arika

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Quad, 6 May 2009.

1. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

Flowplayer is a free (GPL) FLV player that you put on your own web site, with no Flash coding required.

The <video> element is a new element in HTML 5. It will be supported in Firefox 3.5, using .ogg container with Theora and Vorbis codecs, which have started to compare favorably to MPEG's offerings. Once Firefox 3.5 reaches Release Candidate status, I plan to explore ways of hosting video from my own web space. (Don't use ffmpeg2theora 0.19, based on ancient Theora alpha 4; instead, use version 0.24 based on newer libtheora, especially the "Thusnelda" versions.)

2. tepples

On Tuesday, May 12, 2009, Jacob at YouTube forwarded my counter-notification to Arika. Within 10 to 14 business days after that, the video is supposed to go back up. Counting the Memorial Day holiday, 14 business days after May 12, 2009, is tomorrow, and my video is still Rejected (copyright infringement).

3. Dear [kotetsu213],

In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, we've completed
    processing your counter-notification. This content has been restored and I
    have reactivated your account.

Sincerely,

Jacob
    The YouTube Team

http://www.youtube.com/user/kotetsu213

YEAH THAT'S RIGHT WHAT YOU GONNA DO NOW

4. tepples

UNFLAGGED. My faith in humanity is restored. But I wonder if putting a Wikipedia-style use rationale in the description might have sped things up.

Riaa-ranged?