Off Topic: fruity asshole rumpus factory

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Rosti LFC, 19 Dec 2010.

1. no. 802.11g can do 54mb/s. let's say u only get 27mb/s. no problem for hd video. ppl have streamed 1080p over wifi in 2005. again..if it's unstable u need to extend with a better antenna or even base. also place the base high and away from walls. high multicast rate.

the topic title is a disgrace. the admin continues to impress the mob with technical jargon. the mob rejoices and yells wifi suxxxx. all are convinced that i have no idea what i am talking about.

it doesn't get more convincing than "it works".
    yet that means nothing for ppl who don´t want it to be true.

2. Maybe if you stopped speaking like a retard and used some fucking grammar, people might take your point a little bit more seriously.

3. DeHackEd

DeHackEd green Gm

Well, since you're not even going to try reading what I wrote, this is no fun anymore. So long and thanks for all the candy.

As for whoever selected the thread title, nice subtle troll reference.

4. SYN7HOR

SYN7HOR Drama Queen

NERD ALERT!!!

5. Zaphod77

Zaphod77 Resident Misinformer

Since Blu-Ray is 40 mb/s, by your own admission, it clearly WOULD be a problem.

Now we have someone else in the house also using the wi-fi.

BAM, cut in half again the instant they do anything other than basic browsing and email. Now you've got 14 mbit/s.

Wi-fi must be shared between ALL devices, you see.
    Maybe with a sufficiently lossy codec, with only one wi-fi client at once.
    By your own admission it doesn't work.

And that's assuming some joker of a neighbor doesn't encroach on your wi-fi channel, of which there are three that don't overlap.

http://networking.nitecruzr.net/2006/05/you-have-to-share-wifi-bandwidth.html

Last edited: 21 Dec 2010
  6. Since Blu-Ray is 40 mb/s, by your own admission, it clearly WOULD be a problem.

eh? no one streams blurays directly...

Now we have someone else in the house also using the wi-fi.

BAM, cut in half again the instant they do anything other than basic browsing and email. Now you've got 14 mbit/s.

Wi-fi must be shared between ALL devices, you see.

if u really have that problem..dual band solves it.

Maybe with a sufficiently lossy codec, with only one wi-fi client at once.

so what? all codecs are lossy except raw stuff. most 1080p movies u download are around 10GB. that´s about 15mbit/s. no problem and looks good.

7. This is, of course, assuming that the connection is perfect, the devices at either end handle the information ideally (no losses in reading/writing, decoding, etc - the maximum bandwidth you need is only that of the video), and that there's no packet loss or corruption whatsoever. Should we also assume that your house has no walls and contains a perfect vacuum?

If you can only connect a single device at a time, and you have to have your device right next to the router to get the required bandwidth and data rates, then how exactly is wifi better than just hooking stuff up with an Ethernet cable?

8. Zaphod77

Congratulations paul. you are the first person to make my ignore list. :)

9. What, you're just ignoring him? How utterly childish of you :rolleyes:

10. Zaphod77

He proved himself a troll to me by dropping the point he had no answer for. (shrugs)