For you Xbox 360 owners - Tetris Splash on XBLA.. now

Thread in 'Discussion' started by PacoDG, 3 Oct 2007.

1. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

There are adapters to use original Xbox controllers with Lockjaw, Heboris, StepMania, or other PC games.

Mas Systems makes some adapters to plug arcade boards into a TV.

So the question is: do you adapt the hardware, or do you pretend you're in Soviet Russia and let the hardware adapt you?

2. It's pretty easy to build your own supergun also. If you're not afraid to get your hands dirty, you could get TAP and a supergun for under $1000.

3. evybabee

evybabee Unregistered

hey guys, thank you for all the advice!

i think the best option for now at least is the xbox controller. it never even occurred to me that i could use it for pc. it took me a long time to get used to the xbox analog stick (it's really bouncy, and it's easy to douple up-tap), but now that i am accustomed to it my play has improved a lot. i would have been down with the d-pad, but it's lower position on the controller makes it feel really awkward. so, i ordered the xbox pc gaming receiver. i might also want a joystick so i can play streetfighter with it too. too bad the Virtua won't work with my xbox. does anyone know of a good one that will?

i gave Cultris a shot on keyboard controls. wow, did that make me feel inadequate. i'm sure i'll do better once i can use my xbox controller. the game itself seemed pretty fun, although my only major gripes with it is that the S and Z pieces are practically the same color, other than that, it seemed like a nice little speed game. i do prefer the finesse involved with effective t-spinning tho, like in Splash multiplayer.

i'm going to try installing Heboris again, but on my pc laptop. i tried to do it on my mac desktop, but it was pretty complicated having to edit the scripts and stuff. hopefully it will be easier for my Vaio. too bad that there's no xbox adapter for the mac, but i guess that makes sense.

as for tepples' philosophical question: i'm in love with a strict machine. i guess that makes me the slave.

thanks again guys!

evy

4. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

Have you tried the Mac SDL version? If you haven't check it out here.

http://hebo.game-host.org/upload.cgi?mode=dl&file=18

DLKey: hebo

5. evybabee

evybabee Unregistered

hi digital--

that is the one i downloaded originally, but i couldn't figure out how to start the game or change the resolution or any of the options, so i gave up. i tried again just now, and found out the z button starts the game and works as rotate, but that's about it. some of it is in japanese, but i did manage to find BIG mode! would you be able to help me figure out how to change the options and screen size?

i'll have to get used to keyboard to play it, since my xbox controller won't work, but i guess it's worth a shot.. the game looks really cool!

thanks so much [​IMG]

6. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

Ah, good thing you got it working. First things first, you can change the input bindings in Settings>Input. The screen size can be changed in Setting. And to change the language to English, open up heboris.ini in the heboris directory and change

Code:
    english = 0;
    to
    Code:
    english = 1;
    Hope that helps somewhat. [​IMG] If you run into Mac specific problems, I'm sure there are others here who could help.

7. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

there are programs for mac to map controller keys to buttons. I did it about a year ago when i owned a mac, it works just fine with heboris.

8. stu

stu Unregistered

Hello all, I'm new to this here forum and site (it's amazing BTW!), but thought I'd say that I'm playing Tetris Splash on a nightly basis, and would love to play some of you guys.

I've been finding it hard getting decent players to play against.

I like to conisder myself petty good at the game, although not to the standard of most of you guys!