For you Xbox 360 owners - Tetris Splash on XBLA.. now

Thread in 'Discussion' started by PacoDG, 3 Oct 2007.

1. Muf

Muf

2. fnord

fnord Unregistered

Oh, well, that triforce dude posted another video called 'the perfect tetris' which was him doing 7 tetrises in TDS's line clear mode. Lots of infinity abuse, no T-spins. It was a lot worse than this one.

3. jujube

jujube Unregistered

all i know is that's like 10 times more impressive than triforce's video. ST stacking is much harder than stacking for tetrises, and DumbledorsArmy keeps it going for a long time.

here's the video from triforce if anyone hasn't seen it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9ynLnGkIiY

at 1:40

Triforce - "three times in a row."

Onlooker - "that's nasty...that's nasty."

4. jujube

jujube Unregistered

5. wow, i can't believe people still haven't figured out how to score high on cascade. the way the goal system works, it's best to make quadra-type clears when you have two goal lines left. you can watch the replay, too. but everyone's still at 6xxk. that's so messed up.

6. Yeah that's mine. And I know I abused the hell out of infinity spins, so be gentle. People already bitch at me about it..... I was waiting for somebody to post something regarding that video. I didn't post anything about it because I know how people feel about spinning like that.

At least it looks more impressive than triforces.

7. i don't have any gripe with it dumbledors. that's just the way the game's constructed. if anything annoys me, it's that you spinned t's on the right side. it makes more sense under high speeds to do it on the left.

8. You know I suck a trying to do it on the left side. I can swing tetrises left, right, middle wherever, but not t~spins..... Of course I never even knew how to stack b2b t~spins untill about 2 months after Evolution came out...

9. you just got to give yourself more of a chance. remember the only reason you have that bias is because you learned on the right side probably. it's just a matter of a couple day's practice.

not like it's a big deal or anything, but that's the kind of attitude i try to get people to have when learning how to use both rotations and stuff.

10. I know what you mean..... It's hard to break old habits. Maybe that will be the next thing I tackle. I've been playing Splash lately without using the hold option. Don't know why, I just started playing like that the other day.

I really need to start playing some of the versions of tetris that everyone plays in here. I use to play a little TGM several years ago. I jsut got away from the computer and into consoles.... Now I'm starting to get the urge to play some of those games.....

11. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

I agree with jujube. Even with all the infinity abuse, it's still damn impressive to keep ST going for that long. You also have to consider that he has only 2 previews to work with so playing fast is quite wreckless without proper analysis.

12. Muf

Muf

Yeah, my only criticism was about the use of the word "perfect". Compliments on you taking it so well, DumbledorsArmy. It's a true gentleman's response [​IMG]. That said, if you're looking for TGM-style tetris, give Heboris a try. If you're stuck in SRS habits you might want to start off with Ti-World rotations, but if you're feeling adventurous, you can dive straight in with Heboris rotations (equivalent to TGM T.A. Plus).

13. I'm just glad that all gaming communities share a dislike for TFGM. He has no skillz, Empire Arcadia sucks and he thinks he's hot stuff for giving people dead end jobs at a broke ass gamestop store.

14. Thanks everyone. The only reason I used perfect was that I couldn't think of a better work at the time. [​IMG] The thing that sucks if I'm gonna start playing what I refer to as 'hardcore tetris' is that I only have either a 360 or a PS2 controller to work with. I'd really love to get a decent arcade stick at some point; you need something large to take your aggression out on while playing.

15. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

OR..........you can use a keyboard. [​IMG]

16. I wish I could. I've tried to use a keyboard for years and it just doesn't want to take with me

17. you'd probably feel just as noobish with a arcade stick as you would a keyboard at first, if not more. once again, the couple day's practice thingy...

best arcade stick ever.

18. jujube

jujube Unregistered

19. Muf

Muf