Fanta Grape: Now at KevinDDR's house in Fall City, WA

Thread in 'Locations & Events' started by KevinDDR, 10 Oct 2009.

1. TGM3 IS AT MY HOUSE, READ END OF THREAD

Code:
    Yup. That's the news. TGM3 is going to be disappearing from Acme Bowl.

If we can get $1000 together along with a willing arcade to install the machine, it might stick around. Otherwise, it's gone.

List of interested people + money willing to contribute:
    1. KevinDDR - $150
    2. TWF - $130 at least
    3. myndzi - $150
    4. LadyLily - $100
    5. Edo - $80-160

D:

Last edited: 10 Apr 2010
  2. Re: URGENT: Seattle TGM3 is leaving soon

That sucks. If I lived in the area I'd contribute.
    Good luck, though.

3. Re: URGENT: Seattle TGM3 is leaving soon

Aw really? What's the reason, not generating enough income?

4. Re: URGENT: Seattle TGM3 is leaving soon

Yup. It's been making about $15 a week or something like that. I haven't been able to dump my usual $20 per week into the machine recently, and Tada's kind of been in Japan.

5. Re: URGENT: Seattle TGM3 is leaving soon

that sucks. where will it be going though. any chance it might be up for sale to a private individual, such as myself?:rolleyes:

6. Re: URGENT: Seattle TGM3 is leaving soon

2. TWF - $130 at least

7. Re: URGENT: Seattle TGM3 is leaving soon

If we don't buy it, there's a small chance it'll end up on eBay. Have fun with the shipping costs. :p

8. Re: URGENT: Seattle TGM3 is leaving soon

THERE IS A MEETING TODAY AT 3PM TO TRY AND SAVE TGM3!!

Everyone, please come if you can. We need money in the machine and we need it fast.

9. Re: URGENT: Seattle TGM3 is leaving soon

ugh i could most likely buy the thing but then it wouldn't be Seattle TGM now would it =.=

10. Re: URGENT: Seattle TGM3 is leaving soon

I forsee quite a few people not offering any money to help because they just want it for themselves :\

11. Re: URGENT: Seattle TGM3 is leaving soon

okay, just checked my bank account and all i have is about 100 dollars, weird :/ seems my parents must of took a bunch for bills or something. I'll put that to the pool or whatever.

12. Re: URGENT: Seattle TGM3 is leaving soon

i am not offering any $$ at this time because i would reap no benefits, since i live on the east coast. if i were anywhere near the machine i would. if however i were to privately purchase a TGM3 machine, i would allow any forum member to play anytime for free at my house. :D
    i do feel for the people in the seattle area though-- to have had it and then be taken away kind of sucks. it sucks that a quality game like this might not be around for the masses, even though a minority of people play it. I don't see how acme loses money on it if they just keep it around though. Is it that a different game would make more money and they have limited floor space?

so any money you do raise, is that to own the machine somehow, because if so you would still have to pay to play it at its new arcade anyway, right?

good luck in your endeavors!

13. Re: URGENT: Seattle TGM3 is leaving soon

What we're thinking is that we'll split the proceeds with whatever arcade we manage to get it into. We're not sure how paying for it is going to work out, exactly - we're still hashing out the details.

14. Re: URGENT: Seattle TGM3 is leaving soon

See, if I lived in Seattle I would just not put any money towards putting it into another arcade and instead just buy it and have it at my house for people to play on.
    Maybe it wouldn't be generating any more publicity for TGM3, but I doubt many people played it while it was at Acme who weren't from TC.

15. Re: URGENT: Seattle TGM3 is leaving soon

Well, I would have done that if I could just blow $1093 + shipping plus the cost of a new JVS converter on my own. Tada lives right next to me and everyone else around here isn't too far away.

At the same time however, I'm getting offers like $425 for a shipped Astro City and those are looking very tempting...

16. Re: URGENT: Seattle TGM3 is leaving soon

Shipping wouldn't be that much from Acme surely, considering you can pick it up yourself?

17. Re: URGENT: Seattle TGM3 is leaving soon

He'd have to rent a vehicle - I don't think you could fit that cabinet in his dad's Volvo.

18. Muf

Muf

Re: URGENT: Seattle TGM3 is leaving soon

Haha, what makes you think he'd want the dodgy cabinet to go with it :V

19. Re: URGENT: Seattle TGM3 is leaving soon

Apparently TGM1 at Arcade UFO and TGM3 at Arcade Infinity do just fine, and hardly anyone from Tetris Concept gets to play on those. I know some people from music game sites that play on the AI machine.

20. Edo

Edo a.k.a. FSY

Re: URGENT: Seattle TGM3 is leaving soon

I suppose I could contribute $80-160 to help you guys out with the initial purchase, but you have to understand that I live about 5000 miles away and will most likely never get to play on this particular machine, so I would hope to see my money back eventually.