DS : problem of connection (WEP key)

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Amnesia, 25 Feb 2008.

1. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Hello every body..

I've tried for a lot of months to connect the nintendo DS of my sister with her livebox..

Impossible..Everytime I ask to a friend, he tell me :

"oh it is very easy ! the key WEP is written behind the livebox !"

and it is very boring, I tried every number written on the livebox, it still does'nt work..I would like somebody tell me first what is the format of the WEP key, just to be sure, I have a number like that :

S5D4 F76G F7GG FD89 7GF8 7GFT 7Y

Is it a possible WEP key ?

Or do you know another reason which could make it not work ?

Thanks..

2. It looks like a valid 26 HEX chars WEP key, for 128-bit WEP. Quote http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wired_Equivalent_Privacy: "A 128-bit WEP key is almost always entered by users as a string of 26 Hexadecimal (Hex) characters (0-9 and A-F)."

Although i think you don't need to enter the spaces. Also the livebox should by on mixed mode (b&g), so it can handle b-mode (11mbps). That's the only one the DS can use.

Maybe you can check the settings of the livebox, do a "ipconfig /all" in a dosbox and check your gateway ip. Then paste that ip in a browser and you might be able to get into the config ...

3. I know for a fact that DS WEP only works with either Shared or Open. Unfortunately, I can't tell you which it is until I get home.

4. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Yes it is defined on 0-9 and A-F..The key I have written is a wrong key..It was just to check with you if it is a WEP key..

I have tried to enter it in maj, min, with space or without..Doesn't work..

Try to explain a bit more the sentence I quoted please..