does G-TET even exist?

Thread in 'Discussion' started by orz, 30 Oct 2019.

1. orz

orz

seriously there is not a single screenshot anywhere and i've used all kinds of search operators and shit on google and cannot find anything aside from a few references to the game here and on japanese pages (which don't have any substantive information about the game on them)

2. Zaphod77

Zaphod77 Resident Misinformer

I've been looking for it myself. i remember it and d-tet as two tetromino games that Mihara respected as not TGM clones (form what i remember reading). but i've only ever seen d-tet. never g-tet.

3. orz

orz

i found a screenshot while i was searching around on yahoo jp
    [​IMG]
    there might be more out there, i only went a few pages in

4. I think I stumbled on that person's blog before - here's a link for reference.

Some time back I started compiling a list of lost games. GTET's on there, as well as a few other games (I suspect there are more Tetris-type games out there that have since been lost as well).

colour_thief used to have a copy of GTET but it seems it's gone now. Contacting Japanese players may or may not help.

EDIT: Tweet with the game's title screen

Last edited: 2 Nov 2019
  5. Zaphod77

6. Zaphod77

okay got my laptop hard drive. i do have bomblin 0.97x. i'm tying to get my original download off of it. if not i have a new archive i can upload to my website.

here's 0.97x

http://eunich.cochems.com/~zaphod/bomblin_v097Xd.zip

this is NOT the original archive, which i no longer have. i have changed hold from c to space, and I have a few high scores. it is otherwise unmodified. I haven't figured out how to clear the ranking.

on 0.95 controls are arrows, z ccw x cw c hold.

on this one space is hold instead.

keyconfig.exe doesn't seem to like my windows 10, and is looking for a missing DLL of some sort, though it does not say what one it is.if you want ti back to c for hold copy the key.ini from version 0.95

manbows website still exists, but no longer appears to have the game, and he has nuked bomblin

http://manbow.org/?page_id=2

7. Thanks for finding Bomblin, really appreciate it. I've updated the list of lost games.